1997 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY User Comment / Complaint

1997 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY User Comment / Complaint

HOME » C » CHRYSLER » TOWN AND COUNTRY » 1997 » Front » comment/complaint
2013-04-25 03:14:25 Everett

I think this could be my problem. did they replace the strut tower assembly? I keep hearing a strange sound when I go over anything in the road even a small rock. it makes a popping sound off and on when I move my string wheel. I have replaced my hubs a few times front shocks and struts and the noise is still there.

Send us your comment

Email
change CHRYSLER
Comment Requirements
Email
* Required - We will send a verification link to this email before your comment is posted.
Password
Optional - If you leave many comments and do not want to verify each one individually, put a password in this field. Your first comment will still need to be verified, but after it has you will be able to post comments immediately without having to wait for the verification email from our servers.
Optional - City & State if you live in the US or Canada, City & Country if you live anywhere else
Make / Model / Year
* Required
Image Form Verification
* Required
Password
change TOWN AND COUNTRY
Comment    Max Characters: 1000 -- Remaining: 1000
Security Image Enter letters from box to the left

2006-07-19 Orland Park, IL
There is a technical service bulletin issued by chrysler on oct. 14,2002 (tsb 23-044-02) on the problem and it covers all minivans build from 1996 until 2000. my 1997 chrysler town and country mini van has rusting front strut tower assembly's . my mechanic that if this condition is left as is , it will result in the front struts failing by premature failure of the chassis to hold them in place. this will result in the loss of steering . this could easily lead to an immediate accident. this is a know defect for 1996 to 2000 mini vans. the chrysler company had repair parts available but will not on it's own make a recall. i am asking that this recall me made immediately as to avoid the likelihood of accidents due to a defect in the manufactures design. the year 2001 chassis was changed to resolve this problem. please act to help us get monetary assistance from the manufacture immediately. this is a well know problem that is being ignored. parts are available to remedy the defect but only if paid by the owners of the defective vehicles. since all the vans in question suffer this condition , it could not be the result of the owners. can you help us? thank you.  view
2013-04-25 Everett
I think this could be my problem. did they replace the strut tower assembly? I keep hearing a strange sound when I go over anything in the road even a small rock. it makes a popping sound off and on when I move my string wheel. I have replaced my hubs a few times front shocks and struts and the noise is still there.  view
comments/
Keywords:
CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY Comments and Complaints,CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY Comments and Complaints ID:10290 Safety Comments and Complaints CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY, CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints

Page Description:
CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY Comments and Complaints ID:10290 - Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints Information for CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY

Quick Find

Home  |  Vehicle Recalls  |  Service Bulletins  |  All World B2B