1998 AUDI A6 User Comment / Complaint

1998 AUDI A6 User Comment / Complaint

HOME » A » AUDI » A6 » 1998 » Engine » comment/complaint
2012-08-24 01:41:37 lowell ma

This is a very common problem with 98-99 a6. It's the valve cover gasket and/or camshaft seal. The valve cover gaskets are easy to replace but the camshaft seals are very difficult and require a lot of work( you pretty much have to take apart the top half of the motor). I have owned about 8 audis and almost all of them leaked oil. Unless it consumes a lot of oil in a short period of time your better off just checking the oil every week or so and topping it off because this is a VERY costly repair.

Send us your comment

Email
change AUDI
Comment Requirements
Email
* Required - We will send a verification link to this email before your comment is posted.
Password
Optional - If you leave many comments and do not want to verify each one individually, put a password in this field. Your first comment will still need to be verified, but after it has you will be able to post comments immediately without having to wait for the verification email from our servers.
Optional - City & State if you live in the US or Canada, City & Country if you live anywhere else
Make / Model / Year
* Required
Image Form Verification
* Required
Password
change A6
Comment    Max Characters: 1000 -- Remaining: 1000
Security Image Enter letters from box to the left

2006-07-03 Naperville, IL
98 a6 quattro, leaks oil, the car's been in the shop 4 times for this issue(in 2 years time frame), the lower pan gasket has been replaced twice as well as the oil cap. last time i had the audi service check it out i have been told they need to take the whole engine apart= huge bill. i see i am not the only one having the "hard to fix" oil leak.  view
2012-08-24 lowell ma
This is a very common problem with 98-99 a6. It's the valve cover gasket and/or camshaft seal. The valve cover gaskets are easy to replace but the camshaft seals are very difficult and require a lot of work( you pretty much have to take apart the top half of the motor). I have owned about 8 audis and almost all of them leaked oil. Unless it consumes a lot of oil in a short period of time your better off just checking the oil every week or so and topping it off because this is a VERY costly repair.  view
2013-05-31 china
i change a turbocharger, k03 model,the price is acceptable  view
comments/
Keywords:
AUDI A6 Comments and Complaints,AUDI A6 Comments and Complaints ID:10323 Safety Comments and Complaints AUDI A6, AUDI A6 Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints, Comments and Complaints AUDI A6, AUDI A6 Comments and Complaints, Vehicle Comments and Complaints AUDI A6, AUDI A6 Comments and Complaints Vehicle, Automotive Comments and Complaints AUDI A6

Page Description:
AUDI Comments and Complaints ID:10323 - Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints Information for AUDI A6

Quick Find

Home  |  Vehicle Recalls  |  Service Bulletins  |  All World B2B