2004 HYUNDAI SANTA FE User Comment / Complaint

2004 HYUNDAI SANTA FE User Comment / Complaint

HOME » H » HYUNDAI » SANTA FE » 2004 » comment/complaint
2011-08-28 10:00:30 Kernersville, NC

Hello, I just purchased a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.7 V6,4wd with 60k miles. I am experiencing the same issues you all have described. The car has delayed acceleration sometimes from a stop. It also surges pretty bad when I am coming to a stop. At times when I am on the brake it feels as if the vehicle is still trying to go forward or jump. I have also experienced it lunging forward twice when at a complete stop. I am dropping it off at our local hyundai dealer tomorrow. I am wondering, has anyone had this problem fixed?? If so, what was the said issue? Was Hyundai knowledgable of the problem and helpful? Thanks!

Send us your comment

Email
change HYUNDAI
Comment Requirements
Email
* Required - We will send a verification link to this email before your comment is posted.
Password
Optional - If you leave many comments and do not want to verify each one individually, put a password in this field. Your first comment will still need to be verified, but after it has you will be able to post comments immediately without having to wait for the verification email from our servers.
Optional - City & State if you live in the US or Canada, City & Country if you live anywhere else
Make / Model / Year
* Required
Image Form Verification
* Required
Password
change SANTA FE
Comment    Max Characters: 1000 -- Remaining: 1000
Security Image Enter letters from box to the left

2007-03-17 Allen, TX
I am the owner of a 2005 santa fe w/a 3.5l engine. i've recently taken my vehicle in to have some warranty items taken care of. i asked that my car also be fixed in regards to an acceleration concern. for example: 1. while departing from a stopped position, the car will violently jerk your head back. this occurs while barely touching the accelerator. 2. when the car is in motion i can feel it surging forward and back. i have had several people drive the car to make sure it wasn't me, and they all experienced the same results. when the service manager at a hyundai dealership drove the car, he at first said he didn't feel anything. then, after further complaint by me, he admitted that, "well, there was a little bit of surge, but that's just because it's the type of engine". i asked what could be done about it and he told me, "nothing, that's just the way it is. they've had several complaints and now they don't use that engine anymore." i said it felt like it was getting worse over time and he said, "it probably is, but there is still nothing they can do about it". hyundai was apparently aware that there is a concern of safety with this engine since they no longer use the engine and are manufacturing their santa fe's with an improved, safer engine. i am at the point where i no longer feel as if i am driving a safe vehicle and i am getting tired of people asking me why my car jerks forward. (the car snaps your head back and i do not want to be held accountable if someone gets hurt.) there are numerous complaints to the nhtsa and i do not want to be killed or kill someone on the road because my car concerns were not addressed by the appropriate administration of hyundai. if the nhtsa has yet to formally force hyundai into fixing this issue, i am requesting that now is the time to do so. hyundai's lack of interest in the safety of their customers and the general public is unacceptable.  view
2010-02-17 santafe
I would just like to confirm everything you said! My wife bought a 2005 Santa Fe w3.5I engine and it has been a nightmare acceleration wise. In talking with the dealer they blamed everything on the way we drive to the gas we used! We have had terrifying sudden acceleration to "jump starts" from a stopped position. All the while the dealer has claimed no fault to the manufacturer. If I could I would drive it through their showroom window, but their closed now! I did hear that at one point there was a rumor of computer programming error with the engine acceleration. Wish someone could get these guys attention before someone is killed if it hasn't happened already!  view
2011-08-28 Kernersville, NC
Hello, I just purchased a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.7 V6,4wd with 60k miles. I am experiencing the same issues you all have described. The car has delayed acceleration sometimes from a stop. It also surges pretty bad when I am coming to a stop. At times when I am on the brake it feels as if the vehicle is still trying to go forward or jump. I have also experienced it lunging forward twice when at a complete stop. I am dropping it off at our local hyundai dealer tomorrow. I am wondering, has anyone had this problem fixed?? If so, what was the said issue? Was Hyundai knowledgable of the problem and helpful? Thanks!  view
comments/
Keywords:
HYUNDAI SANTA FE Comments and Complaints,HYUNDAI SANTA FE Comments and Complaints ID:11674 Safety Comments and Complaints HYUNDAI SANTA FE, HYUNDAI SANTA FE Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints, Comments and Complaints HYUNDAI SANTA FE, HYUNDAI SANTA FE Comments and Complaints, Vehicle Comments and Complaints HYUNDAI SANTA FE

Page Description:
HYUNDAI SANTA FE Comments and Complaints ID:11674 - Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints Information for HYUNDAI SANTA FE

Quick Find

Home  |  Vehicle Recalls  |  Service Bulletins  |  All World B2B