1998 MERCURY MYSTIQUE User Comment / Complaint

1998 MERCURY MYSTIQUE User Comment / Complaint

HOME » M » MERCURY » MYSTIQUE » 1998 » Gasoline » comment/complaint
2010-10-09 08:16:53 Houston

I just bought a 1998 Mercury Mystique that has a good engine, good compression, etc. It was stalling at a red light and just going down the street and finally refused to start back up. I had already replaced the Mass Air Flow, Throttle Position Sensor, Cleaned the Idle Air Control Valve (IACV), replaced the temperature sensor, cleaned the intake with Sea Foam, replaced the spark plugs and the air filter. I took it to an Automotive Electrician guy who found that the TIMING SENSOR was losing connection and therefore would not let the engine get fire. No problems at all with that now.

Send us your comment

Email
change MERCURY
Comment Requirements
Email
* Required - We will send a verification link to this email before your comment is posted.
Password
Optional - If you leave many comments and do not want to verify each one individually, put a password in this field. Your first comment will still need to be verified, but after it has you will be able to post comments immediately without having to wait for the verification email from our servers.
Optional - City & State if you live in the US or Canada, City & Country if you live anywhere else
Make / Model / Year
* Required
Image Form Verification
* Required
Password
change MYSTIQUE
Comment    Max Characters: 1000 -- Remaining: 1000
Security Image Enter letters from box to the left

2001-10-12 Haverhill, MA
My problem is that my car stalls when driven at any speed, whether i am stopped, turning or just driving. i have brought this car to the dealership to get fixed and they don't know what this is. this was accident related and my insurance said if it isn't accident related then i am responsible for the bill that the dealer will charge for looking at the car. now this started happening when my car was hit in the front at over 40+ miles/hr. am i protected by any law that will allow me to get this car fixed at no cost to me? i am driving a very dangerous car right now and almost got killed last week when i was turning off a highway and the car stalled, a rig was coming right towards me and at last second i got out of the way. this is very scary and don't know what to do for help! i was already handed a diagnostic bill for over $80.00 and refused to pay because they never really found the problem. what can i do or who can help.  view
2010-10-09 Houston
I just bought a 1998 Mercury Mystique that has a good engine, good compression, etc. It was stalling at a red light and just going down the street and finally refused to start back up. I had already replaced the Mass Air Flow, Throttle Position Sensor, Cleaned the Idle Air Control Valve (IACV), replaced the temperature sensor, cleaned the intake with Sea Foam, replaced the spark plugs and the air filter. I took it to an Automotive Electrician guy who found that the TIMING SENSOR was losing connection and therefore would not let the engine get fire. No problems at all with that now.  view
comments/
Keywords:
MERCURY MYSTIQUE Comments and Complaints,MERCURY MYSTIQUE Comments and Complaints ID:9476 Safety Comments and Complaints MERCURY MYSTIQUE, MERCURY MYSTIQUE Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints, Comments and Complaints MERCURY MYSTIQUE, MERCURY MYSTIQUE Comments and Complaints, Vehicle Comments and Complaints MERCURY MYSTIQUE

Page Description:
MERCURY MYSTIQUE Comments and Complaints ID:9476 - Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints Information for MERCURY MYSTIQUE

Quick Find

Home  |  Vehicle Recalls  |  Service Bulletins  |  All World B2B