2005 TRIUMPH ROCKET III User Comment / Complaint

2005 TRIUMPH ROCKET III User Comment / Complaint

HOME » T » TRIUMPH » ROCKET III » 2005 » Engine » comment/complaint
2010-07-27 05:08:41 australia

had same prob after buying 2nd hand at 2yr old.triumph england did come to warranty.2 teath on 1 gear and 1 tooth on uther key on main shaft all replaced .50 thousand on clock no warranty on cam chane still can,t complain

Send us your comment

Email
change TRIUMPH
Comment Requirements
Email
* Required - We will send a verification link to this email before your comment is posted.
Password
Optional - If you leave many comments and do not want to verify each one individually, put a password in this field. Your first comment will still need to be verified, but after it has you will be able to post comments immediately without having to wait for the verification email from our servers.
Optional - City & State if you live in the US or Canada, City & Country if you live anywhere else
Make / Model / Year
* Required
Image Form Verification
* Required
Password
change ROCKET III
Comment    Max Characters: 1000 -- Remaining: 1000
Security Image Enter letters from box to the left

2007-10-10 Fort White, FL
I have a triumph rocket iii motorcycle. 2005 model year bought it in oct of 2004. it came with a two year unlimited miles warranty. after owning for about one year i started to developed engine noise/vibration, i took it to the dealer/service center where i bought it and they kept denying that it had a problem and that they couldn't detect the noise or vibration. i took it to another local triumph dealer/service center for the same issue, they had it for over two weeks, and they claimed they could not detect any noise or vibration, and they charged me shop rate fees for the assessment, claiming that since they could not find anything then they could not write it up as a warranty claim. now my two year warranty period is over and now the vibration is so bad it can now be determined that it is a problem with the crankshaft sprocket to the timing chain. and they want over 1500 dollars just for parts. it is known to be a common problem with this engine. my inquiry into this problem with other rocket iii owners revealed that triumph is aware of a specific lot of timing chain sprockets that were substandard. my contention is that this problem with my bike should be covered under a recall, or under a extension of warranty for circumstances as described above. of the many owners that i know that have had this part fail it will take out the chain and both camshafts will stop turning and bend all of the valves and in some cases it has broken the pistons. i believe my engine should be fixed by triumph before it becomes a catastrophic failure. right now i can still ride it, but i feel that it could break at any time, and it can lock up the engine/cause crash, but i am only hoping that a recall or admission of responsibility will come. i am still paying $363 dollars a month for this thing and cannot fathom that i should have to fund this mistake on their part. no pun intended. thanks....  view
2010-07-27 australia
had same prob after buying 2nd hand at 2yr old.triumph england did come to warranty.2 teath on 1 gear and 1 tooth on uther key on main shaft all replaced .50 thousand on clock no warranty on cam chane still can,t complain  view
comments/
Keywords:
TRIUMPH ROCKET III Comments and Complaints,TRIUMPH ROCKET III Comments and Complaints ID:6582 Safety Comments and Complaints TRIUMPH ROCKET III, TRIUMPH ROCKET III Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints, Comments and Complaints TRIUMPH ROCKET III, TRIUMPH ROCKET III Comments and Complaints

Page Description:
TRIUMPH ROCKET III Comments and Complaints ID:6582 - Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints Information for TRIUMPH ROCKET III

Quick Find

Home  |  Vehicle Recalls  |  Service Bulletins  |  All World B2B