2006 JEEP COMMANDER User Comment / Complaint

2006 JEEP COMMANDER User Comment / Complaint

HOME » J » JEEP » COMMANDER » 2006 » Vehicle speed control » comment/complaint
2010-04-12 17:34:57

Can you please tell me if this problem was ever resolved and how it was resolved. I am having the same exact problems and the dealership is telling me that they cant do anything because its not doing it while in the shop. im getting aggravated because im getting stuck in the middle of 95 and having cars driving past me until i turn my car off and then back on again. i dont know how they think i can purposely make this happen for them to see it while im in the shop. stupid idiots

Send us your comment

Email
change JEEP
Comment Requirements
Email
* Required - We will send a verification link to this email before your comment is posted.
Password
Optional - If you leave many comments and do not want to verify each one individually, put a password in this field. Your first comment will still need to be verified, but after it has you will be able to post comments immediately without having to wait for the verification email from our servers.
Optional - City & State if you live in the US or Canada, City & Country if you live anywhere else
Make / Model / Year
* Required
Image Form Verification
* Required
Password
change COMMANDER
Comment    Max Characters: 1000 -- Remaining: 1000
Security Image Enter letters from box to the left

2006-08-29 Gresham, OR
1st occurrence of the stalling/dying: 7/23/06. vehicle was moving at a slow speed making a right hand turn. the vehicle lost power (no response when pushing on the gas pedal and the power steering also failed). driver had to put the vehicle into park from drive, turn the key to the off position and then back to the start position. the 2nd occurrence was on 8/9/06 12:30 pm. at a stoplight on a hill waiting to turn left. the light turned, the car in front of her accelerated and when driver took her foot off of the brake to apply the gas and the car began to roll backwards. after this occurrence, driver called the dealership and spoke with a svc advisor. driver described the symptoms and they said they had heard of this happening on some other commanders and that they knew the part that typically fixed it. driver made appt to bring in for service. vehicle dropped off 8/10/06. call from svc dept. 8/11/2006 and stated tech tested found a bad map sensor. they replaced the sensor and said the problem should be resolved. the 3rd occurrence happened on 8/15/06 7:40 am. driver was stopped waiting for traffic to clear to make a right turn onto highway 212 from 222nd drive. at this point, driver called dealership and asked to speak with a service adviser and said she would be bringing the vehicle back in as it wasn't fixed. the 4th occurrence happened 8/15/06 5:50 pm while the vehicle was in motion on highway 217 driving to the northwest jeep dealership. driver was in slow rush hour traffic- 5-10 ph. depressed the gas pedal to accelerate to keep up with traffic and the car just continued to coast with no acceleration. she had to put the vehicle in park, turn the key to the off position, start the car again and then stop on the highway to put car back into drive.  view
2010-04-12
Can you please tell me if this problem was ever resolved and how it was resolved. I am having the same exact problems and the dealership is telling me that they cant do anything because its not doing it while in the shop. im getting aggravated because im getting stuck in the middle of 95 and having cars driving past me until i turn my car off and then back on again. i dont know how they think i can purposely make this happen for them to see it while im in the shop. stupid idiots  view
comments/
Keywords:
JEEP COMMANDER Comments and Complaints,JEEP COMMANDER Comments and Complaints ID:8636 Safety Comments and Complaints JEEP COMMANDER, JEEP COMMANDER Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints, Comments and Complaints JEEP COMMANDER, JEEP COMMANDER Comments and Complaints, Vehicle Comments and Complaints JEEP COMMANDER

Page Description:
JEEP COMMANDER Comments and Complaints ID:8636 - Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints Information for JEEP COMMANDER

Quick Find

Home  |  Vehicle Recalls  |  Service Bulletins  |  All World B2B