2000 VOLVO S80 User Comment / Complaint

2000 VOLVO S80 User Comment / Complaint

HOME » V » VOLVO » S80 » 2000 » Front underhood » comment/complaint
2010-04-08 16:48:11 oregon

Crazy thing, i just bought your car yep, same vin # wow...Its in the shop as we speak for throttle body issues....The car fax came out clean so i was surprised that a fire happend? did the problem get fixed can i have more details?? thank you!

Send us your comment

Email
change VOLVO
Comment Requirements
Email
* Required - We will send a verification link to this email before your comment is posted.
Password
Optional - If you leave many comments and do not want to verify each one individually, put a password in this field. Your first comment will still need to be verified, but after it has you will be able to post comments immediately without having to wait for the verification email from our servers.
Optional - City & State if you live in the US or Canada, City & Country if you live anywhere else
Make / Model / Year
* Required
Image Form Verification
* Required
Password
change S80
Comment    Max Characters: 1000 -- Remaining: 1000
Security Image Enter letters from box to the left

2005-01-05 Southwick, MA
Subject: engine compartment fire, result: total loss, ehicle: 2000, volvo, s80 2.9, vin: yv1ts94d4y1123678. shortly before 3:00pm my wife and i departed bridgeport, connecticut for the trip home to massachusetts. the first 7 or 8 minutes were local stop and go driving (maximum speed 25mph). at this point we entered the merritt parkway (eastbound entrance 48). we joined the right lane traffic flow, which varied between 55 and 60 mph. approximately 2 minutes later ? just before the merritt parkway eastbound entrance 49 or 50 the car engine lost power. i was able to coast the vehicle off the highway to the island between the highway and the on-ramp. it looked like steam was coming out from under the hood near the radiator. i look at the dashboard temperature gauge and was surprised to see it reading normal. i pulled the hood release lever inside the vehicle, got out of the vehicle, went to the front of the vehicle and attempted to release the hood safety latch which was so hot that my hand withdrew involuntarily. at this point i became aware that smoke was coming out from the front of the hood, not steam. i alerted my wife to get out of the car. she did, and after moving away from the vehicle, looked back and noticed flames coming out from under the front of the engine compartment. my wife and i witnessed two explosions, eminating from the engine compartment. the first explosion caught my attention because it was loud and shot flame and smoke about 15 feet into the air.  view
2010-04-08 oregon
Crazy thing, i just bought your car yep, same vin # wow...Its in the shop as we speak for throttle body issues....The car fax came out clean so i was surprised that a fire happend? did the problem get fixed can i have more details?? thank you!  view
comments/
Keywords:
VOLVO S80 Comments and Complaints,VOLVO S80 Comments and Complaints ID:8727 Safety Comments and Complaints VOLVO S80, VOLVO S80 Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints, Comments and Complaints VOLVO S80, VOLVO S80 Comments and Complaints, Vehicle Comments and Complaints VOLVO S80, VOLVO S80 Comments and Complaints Vehicle, Automotive Comments and Complaints VOLVO S80

Page Description:
VOLVO Comments and Complaints ID:8727 - Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints Information for VOLVO S80

Quick Find

Home  |  Vehicle Recalls  |  Service Bulletins  |  All World B2B