1986 ISUZU TROOPER II User Comment / Complaint

1986 ISUZU TROOPER II User Comment / Complaint

HOME » I » ISUZU » TROOPER II » 1986 » Gear box (other than rack and pinion) » comment/complaint
2009-08-13 23:14:40 virginia

Rust is NOT an Isuzu problem. My 1989 has virtually none. Why? Because it spent its life in Virginia. But last week I had a 1999 Mercedes wagon checked out as a possible replacement for my wife's 89 M-B. What did the mechanic find to make my $110 well spent? He found rust, loads of it. Why? Because the at spent its first two years in New England, MA to be precise. New England salts the roads in winter, and salt rots out cars. Always has, probably always will. Don't write rust complaints to car makers when the car is a decade or more old. Send that complaint to the governor. Every governor has the power to decide what the highway department can spread on roads.

Send us your comment

Email
change ISUZU
Comment Requirements
Email
* Required - We will send a verification link to this email before your comment is posted.
Password
Optional - If you leave many comments and do not want to verify each one individually, put a password in this field. Your first comment will still need to be verified, but after it has you will be able to post comments immediately without having to wait for the verification email from our servers.
Optional - City & State if you live in the US or Canada, City & Country if you live anywhere else
Make / Model / Year
* Required
Image Form Verification
* Required
Password
change TROOPER II
Comment    Max Characters: 1000 -- Remaining: 1000
Security Image Enter letters from box to the left

1999-11-06 Glen Cove, ME
To whom it may concern, i would greatly appreciate your assistance in this very seroius matter. i purchased a used trooper three years ago, and have experienced nothing but problems. i purchased the trooper from my neighbor three years ago.he purchased it from a dealer here in maine. the trooper was always very well maintained,usually garaged, and only driven by my neighbor to his palce off business 3 miles away. he had to replace the head which was defective. i have since learned from area garages that this is a recurring problem. my problems are centered around the poor construction of the frame. the body of the vehicle is just barely held on to the chassis, by what means, i'm not sure. everything is rotting off the vehicle. emergency brake cable, rear frame and floor pan has holes....looks like a flinstone mobile.you can almost literally drive the vehicle with your feet in certain areas. the front shocks are rusted through, and the body has had to be repaired for rust. this vehicle has cancer, and it's terminal. i live in the state of maine where yearly vehicle inspection is mandatory....the trooper barely passed last year. i have paid money to have this vehicle re-registered, and insured (which here in maine preceeds inspection) and now it won't pass inspection. this is after doing extensive work to it....every garage tells me that the vehicle is poorly constructed/unsafe even after costly repairs/and don't even recommend that i sell it for fear that someone may have a terrible accident due to the frame deteriorization. though this vehicle is almost 14 years old, it has always been taken care of. this is clearly a manufacturing problem which affects every trooper that i have seen. please advise me of what to do with this vehicle as it is a hazard, and from what i have been told by several garages, cannot be fixed. please help me with my dilema, i would be very grateful. thank you for your time and concern in this matter. sincerely yours, lori bridges  view
2009-08-13 virginia
Rust is NOT an Isuzu problem. My 1989 has virtually none. Why? Because it spent its life in Virginia. But last week I had a 1999 Mercedes wagon checked out as a possible replacement for my wife's 89 M-B. What did the mechanic find to make my $110 well spent? He found rust, loads of it. Why? Because the at spent its first two years in New England, MA to be precise. New England salts the roads in winter, and salt rots out cars. Always has, probably always will. Don't write rust complaints to car makers when the car is a decade or more old. Send that complaint to the governor. Every governor has the power to decide what the highway department can spread on roads.  view
comments/
Keywords:
ISUZU TROOPER II Comments and Complaints,ISUZU TROOPER II Comments and Complaints ID:11350 Safety Comments and Complaints ISUZU TROOPER II, ISUZU TROOPER II Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints, Comments and Complaints ISUZU TROOPER II, ISUZU TROOPER II Comments and Complaints, Vehicle Comments and Complaints ISUZU TROOPER II

Page Description:
ISUZU TROOPER II Comments and Complaints ID:11350 - Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints Information for ISUZU TROOPER II

Quick Find

Home  |  Vehicle Recalls  |  Service Bulletins  |  All World B2B