2000 VOLVO V40 User Comment / Complaint

2000 VOLVO V40 User Comment / Complaint

HOME » V » VOLVO » V40 » 2000 » Springs » comment/complaint
2008-04-23 12:55:15 ny

yes, i have the same issue. my mechanic failed to see this 2 x and it wasn't until i went to sears to buy tires that they told me the springs were shot -

Send us your comment

Email
change VOLVO
Comment Requirements
Email
* Required - We will send a verification link to this email before your comment is posted.
Password
Optional - If you leave many comments and do not want to verify each one individually, put a password in this field. Your first comment will still need to be verified, but after it has you will be able to post comments immediately without having to wait for the verification email from our servers.
Optional - City & State if you live in the US or Canada, City & Country if you live anywhere else
Make / Model / Year
* Required
Image Form Verification
* Required
Password
change V40
Comment    Max Characters: 1000 -- Remaining: 1000
Security Image Enter letters from box to the left

2006-07-14 New Hartford, CT
Upon returning to the dealership for the third time for a complaint about a suspicious sounding thump or clunk in the passenger-side rear of our 2000 volvo v40, it was discovered that both coil springs had broken. the vehicle at the time of repair has 50,080 miles on it; when the noise was first reported to the dealer on 12/09/04 the car had 37,448 miles. both springs broke identically at the first coil where they sit in the base plate of the strut assembly. both fractures are a spiral cut through the coils wire, like a fatigue or stress fracture. the dealer replaced the coils at my expense which included the extra cost of replacing both control arms and strut assemblies because of the difficulties they had removing the bolts due to corrosion ($1103). after my complaint, they offered to cover the cost of the springs only ($200) which allowed them to keep the springs. i persuaded the service advisor to allow me to have one piece of the spring for evidence. i have researched and found other owners who have had this exact failure in their vehicles suspension. i believe volvo has an engineering flaw in the tempered steel coil springs.  view
2008-04-23 ny
yes, i have the same issue. my mechanic failed to see this 2 x and it wasn't until i went to sears to buy tires that they told me the springs were shot -  view
comments/
Keywords:
VOLVO V40 Comments and Complaints,VOLVO V40 Comments and Complaints ID:8730 Safety Comments and Complaints VOLVO V40, VOLVO V40 Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints, Comments and Complaints VOLVO V40, VOLVO V40 Comments and Complaints, Vehicle Comments and Complaints VOLVO V40, VOLVO V40 Comments and Complaints Vehicle, Automotive Comments and Complaints VOLVO V40

Page Description:
VOLVO Comments and Complaints ID:8730 - Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints Information for VOLVO V40

Quick Find

Home  |  Vehicle Recalls  |  Service Bulletins  |  All World B2B