1974 DUNLOP DUNLOP User Comment / Complaint

1974 DUNLOP DUNLOP User Comment / Complaint

HOME » D » DUNLOP » DUNLOP » 1974 » Tires » comment/complaint
2007-10-14 00:00:00 Cleveland, TN

I want to share a very disturbing, dangerous, aggravating and disgusting experience i have just recently had with a brand new dunlop elite 3 tire i purchased from honda of chattanooga, tennessee, on september 8, 2007 (invoice # 042179). september 8, 2007 new dunlop elite 3 tires, front and rear. after about a week i noticed the front tire seemed to be showing signs of wear. september 29th i noticed a section of the tire was coming apart. october 2, 2007 i took it back to honda of chattanooga, tennessee, the dunlop tire distributor. i only had 1,000 miles on it. there was no way the tire should be showing signs of wear like i was experiencing. when i arrived at honda of chattanooga, tennessee, the serviceman and the parts manager looked at the tire and said the tire was definitely defective and wrote up a ticket (# 14411) and wrote on it front tire has failed after 1000 miles, is going to be replacement work at no charge to the customer, - replace front tire.) they told me they didn't have any more to work on and it would be changed that morning. when i called right before lunch they changed their story completely and said they asked a customer what it looked like to them and they said it looked like the tire had been cut with a knife and they couldn't replace it until they heard from dunlop tire and expected to hear from them that day. i called the owner of the dealership and told him i felt he should stand behind the tire because it was only 3 weeks old and he sold me a defective tire. he said i should go ahead and pay for another tire and wait to hear from dunlop tire. i told him if dunlop didn't stand behind the tire i sure didn't want to purchase another one and i didn?t want that dealership to install it. then i got to thinking - i was at work with no way home and an unsafe tire on my bike? so i called the owner up and said i would pay for another tire. the tire was unsafe to drive with and i feel it was defective from the start.

Send us your comment

Email
change DUNLOP
Comment Requirements
Email
* Required - We will send a verification link to this email before your comment is posted.
Password
Optional - If you leave many comments and do not want to verify each one individually, put a password in this field. Your first comment will still need to be verified, but after it has you will be able to post comments immediately without having to wait for the verification email from our servers.
Optional - City & State if you live in the US or Canada, City & Country if you live anywhere else
Make / Model / Year
* Required
Image Form Verification
* Required
Password
change DUNLOP
Comment    Max Characters: 1000 -- Remaining: 1000
Security Image Enter letters from box to the left

comments/
Keywords:
DUNLOP DUNLOP Comments and Complaints,DUNLOP DUNLOP Comments and Complaints ID:14823 Safety Comments and Complaints DUNLOP DUNLOP, DUNLOP DUNLOP Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints, Comments and Complaints DUNLOP DUNLOP, DUNLOP DUNLOP Comments and Complaints, Vehicle Comments and Complaints DUNLOP DUNLOP, DUNLOP DUNLOP Comments and Complaints Vehicle

Page Description:
DUNLOP DUNLOP Comments and Complaints ID:14823 - Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints Information for DUNLOP DUNLOP

Quick Find

Home  |  Vehicle Recalls  |  Service Bulletins  |  All World B2B