1989 AUDI 80 User Comment / Complaint

1989 AUDI 80 User Comment / Complaint

HOME » A » AUDI » 80 » 1989 » Seal » comment/complaint
1997-04-24 00:00:00 Long Beach, NY

Seals melted, causing transmission fluid to leak into the differential.

Send us your comment

Email
change AUDI
Comment Requirements
Email
* Required - We will send a verification link to this email before your comment is posted.
Password
Optional - If you leave many comments and do not want to verify each one individually, put a password in this field. Your first comment will still need to be verified, but after it has you will be able to post comments immediately without having to wait for the verification email from our servers.
Optional - City & State if you live in the US or Canada, City & Country if you live anywhere else
Make / Model / Year
* Required
Image Form Verification
* Required
Password
change 80
Comment    Max Characters: 1000 -- Remaining: 1000
Security Image Enter letters from box to the left

1997-04-24 Long Beach, NY
Seals melted, causing transmission fluid to leak into the differential.  view
2007-09-02 Houston, TX
The treadwalls on the outside of the tire at the top slits and loss air. this is unrepairable. this is the 2nd of 4 tires with the same issue. the 1st we were standing outside and the truck was parked and we heard a pop and then heard air coming from the tire. this time we were traveling and the instrument panel sensed the loss of air and alerted me and we pulled off the interstate just in time to avoid an unforeseen accident. i had 8 people including myself in the vehicle at this time.  view
2007-09-02 Houston, TX
The treadwalls on the outside of the tire at the top slits and loss air. this is unrepairable. this is the 2nd of 4 tires with the same issue. the 1st we were standing outside and the truck was parked and we heard a pop and then heard air coming from the tire. this time we were traveling and the instrument panel sensed the loss of air and alerted me and we pulled off the interstate just in time to avoid an unforeseen accident. i had 8 people including myself in the vehicle at this time.  view
2007-09-24 Huntington Park, CA
2004 mercedes c240 with sunroof and overhead control panel. customer states that after the car was supposed to be repaired the vehicle acquired other problems along with a loose seat that moves while driving. the sunroof wouldn't close on auto mode, the cigarette lighter was inoperable, the alarm didn't sound, the right front door lock was defective, the brakes squeaked, there was an oil leak coming from the oil pan, the transmission leaked, the thrust arm bushings failed, the right side windshield wiper was coming apart, the right front window made a loud squeak, there was a loud noise coming from the engine. the drivers seat didn't tilt up or down. the panic feature on the vehicle didn't work, both remote keys didn't lock or unlock the doors.  view
2007-09-10 Pasadena, CA
I noticed that my speedometer was not properly functioning so i went to the vw dealership and they told me that i had a coolant leak and coolant migration. the coolant apparently migrated through the wiring harness to short my instrument cluster. the entire wire harness and part of my instrument cluster is now inoperable due to the migration. i was quoted a $3,800 estimate and my car only has 68,000 miles. i performed online research and several 1999 vw's had the same problem due to a design defect that dripped coolant over the wire harness. there is even a technical service bulletin filed with the nhtsa that instructs vw how to replace to massive problem. i contacted vw and they will not help even thought this is a widely reported problem with 1999-2001 vws and a design defect. now i need to replace the wire harness, which apparently runs through most of the engine and car components and my instrument cluster- a $3,800 repair. rather than correct their design defect, vw offered me $1,00 offer a new vw, which is totally unacceptable.  view
2007-09-10 Pasadena, CA
I noticed that my speedometer was not properly functioning so i went to the vw dealership and they told me that i had a coolant leak and coolant migration. the coolant apparently migrated through the wiring harness to short my instrument cluster. the entire wire harness and part of my instrument cluster is now inoperable due to the migration. i was quoted a $3,800 estimate and my car only has 68,000 miles. i performed online research and several 1999 vw's had the same problem due to a design defect that dripped coolant over the wire harness. there is even a technical service bulletin filed with the nhtsa that instructs vw how to replace to massive problem. i contacted vw and they will not help even thought this is a widely reported problem with 1999-2001 vws and a design defect. now i need to replace the wire harness, which apparently runs through most of the engine and car components and my instrument cluster- a $3,800 repair. rather than correct their design defect, vw offered me $1,00 offer a new vw, which is totally unacceptable.  view
2007-09-06 Verona, WI
I own a 2004 toyota sequoia. i took it in for new tires,with balancing and an alignment. they also did brake work on the front. it needed caliper pins and the rotors were turned. it had 47,481 miles on it. when my wife left the dealership there was a failure of the vsc (vehicle stability control) system. the system never once before malfunctioned until after the service at the toyota dealership. it is clear that the dealer messed something up. they claim they did nothing to cause it. we talked the head manager of the dealership. the manager denied that it could be in any way their fault. is it possible that the service caused the failure? i don't know what toyota has their mechanics do but someone needs to do a full investigation. the vehicle now is a hazard to drive. i currently can't afford the $1500 dollars to replace the computer. could it be related to the kind of tires put on or dust or metal in the sensors? failure codes are c0210 (right rear wheel speed sensor signal malfunction, c1223 (abs control system malfunction) , and c1310 (active booster solenoid). the sequoia's vsc light comes on often and the vehicle will not accelerate even when the pedal is pressed all the way to the floor. it has almost caused about 2 bad accidents. we currently drive it but don't rely on it for passing. if the system fails we just have to drive slow and stay in our lane. i do know that toyota knows that this is a huge problem. they also use a different skid control computer in newer models. we need a recall. i have seen many references to this same exact problem. for the safety of our drivers please issue a recall. the manufacturer obviously didn't test the system before it was allowed on the market.  view
2007-09-06 Verona, WI
I own a 2004 toyota sequoia. i took it in for new tires,with balancing and an alignment. they also did brake work on the front. it needed caliper pins and the rotors were turned. it had 47,481 miles on it. when my wife left the dealership there was a failure of the vsc (vehicle stability control) system. the system never once before malfunctioned until after the service at the toyota dealership. it is clear that the dealer messed something up. they claim they did nothing to cause it. we talked the head manager of the dealership. the manager denied that it could be in any way their fault. is it possible that the service caused the failure? i don't know what toyota has their mechanics do but someone needs to do a full investigation. the vehicle now is a hazard to drive. i currently can't afford the $1500 dollars to replace the computer. could it be related to the kind of tires put on or dust or metal in the sensors? failure codes are c0210 (right rear wheel speed sensor signal malfunction, c1223 (abs control system malfunction) , and c1310 (active booster solenoid). the sequoia's vsc light comes on often and the vehicle will not accelerate even when the pedal is pressed all the way to the floor. it has almost caused about 2 bad accidents. we currently drive it but don't rely on it for passing. if the system fails we just have to drive slow and stay in our lane. i do know that toyota knows that this is a huge problem. they also use a different skid control computer in newer models. we need a recall. i have seen many references to this same exact problem. for the safety of our drivers please issue a recall. the manufacturer obviously didn't test the system before it was allowed on the market.  view
2007-09-08 Chicago Heights, IL
I was at a stop light at a major intersection and when the light turned green i heard a loud sound. i tried to accelerate but my car would not move forward. the engine just revved. i thought i ran something over due to the sound so inspected got out to inspect the car. i found nothing. i got back into the car and turned car off and turned back. the car would not drive. i put the car in reverse and managed to get off the road. i had the car towed to the dealership. i was told by the dealer sutton ford in matteson il. that the transmission just broke and would cost me $3000.00. i have had this car less then 2 years. i had an extended warranty that just expired a few months ago. my obd light was on but was told by the dealer it was a sensor. they could turn it off but it wasn't anything major. after reading all the complaints i'm sure it is major. since purchasing this car, i have had to replace tires at least every six months, major engine repair, alternator repair, as well as spring replacement. overall, i've put more then $3000.00 in repair not including the repair of the transmission i now need. i loved my windstar but i am now discovering that it puts my life endanger to drive it. my two kids were in the car when this happened and i feared someone would hit my car. the worst part about all this is i am unable to get rid of this car as i still am buying this car. i am unable to refinance the difference. i was told to just scarp the car by the dealer and just get another car as i am even more in debt trying to repair the car. i don't want to ruin my credit so there has to be another solution. i have no inkling how i'm going to manage to get 3000.00 for a new car and pay my bills and find an alternative method. i really would appreciate it if ford would just do the right thing fix my transmission. split the cost. i did damage my car in the mist of all this and just want to be able to drive to work until the car is paid off.  view
2007-09-11 Stuttgart, AR
Air bag non deployment in frontal impact above 35 mph. spouse rearended another vehicle at highway speed. strong enough to warp frame of 1999 chevrolet suburban c1500 lt.  view
2007-10-24 Camerton Park, CA
For 4 months since purchase of this vehicle 2007 dodge nitro it has been in the shop 8 times for issues such as; gas tank loose, stalling, lack of power, esp/bas lights malfunctioning, transmission mis-shifting, air bag malfunctioning. the dealer keep saying they are running updates but the problem still occurs. i am fearful of what could happen to me and my children while driving this vehicle and it malfunctions again.  view
comments/
Keywords:
AUDI 80 Comments and Complaints,AUDI 80 Comments and Complaints ID:10313 Safety Comments and Complaints AUDI 80, AUDI 80 Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints, Comments and Complaints AUDI 80, AUDI 80 Comments and Complaints, Vehicle Comments and Complaints AUDI 80, AUDI 80 Comments and Complaints Vehicle, Automotive Comments and Complaints AUDI 80

Page Description:
AUDI Comments and Complaints ID:10313 - Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints Information for AUDI 80

Quick Find

Home  |  Vehicle Recalls  |  Service Bulletins  |  All World B2B