1991 ALFA ROMEO 164 User Comment / Complaint

1991 ALFA ROMEO 164 User Comment / Complaint

HOME » A » ALFA ROMEO » 164 » 1991 » Air bags » comment/complaint
1997-12-19 00:00:00 Dallas, TX

Other: attempted to reset computer to no avail.

Send us your comment

Email
change ALFA ROMEO
Comment Requirements
Email
* Required - We will send a verification link to this email before your comment is posted.
Password
Optional - If you leave many comments and do not want to verify each one individually, put a password in this field. Your first comment will still need to be verified, but after it has you will be able to post comments immediately without having to wait for the verification email from our servers.
Optional - City & State if you live in the US or Canada, City & Country if you live anywhere else
Make / Model / Year
* Required
Image Form Verification
* Required
Password
change 164
Comment    Max Characters: 1000 -- Remaining: 1000
Security Image Enter letters from box to the left

1997-12-19 Dallas, TX
Other: attempted to reset computer to no avail.  view
2006-06-28 Greenwood, SC
Dt*: the contact stated on 6/16/2006,while stopped, the engine began reving, making a sound (whua, whua, whua, whumph), and then lunged forward. at the same time the breaks failed. there have been 20 occurances, including 6 accidents. property damages occurred on two occasions although there were no police reports filed. the dealer attempted to fix the problem, but when the problem continued they offered to buy back the vehicle and send it to the manufacturer for examination.  view
2006-06-28 Greenwood, SC
Dt*: the contact stated on 6/16/2006,while stopped, the engine began reving, making a sound (whua, whua, whua, whumph), and then lunged forward. at the same time the breaks failed. there have been 20 occurances, including 6 accidents. property damages occurred on two occasions although there were no police reports filed. the dealer attempted to fix the problem, but when the problem continued they offered to buy back the vehicle and send it to the manufacturer for examination.  view
2006-06-28 Commerce, GA
Engine stalls and shuts off when driving.  view
2006-06-27 Tampa, FL
1. rear-end collision. there were no visual or mechanical defects observed before or after the accident. when vehicle was struck from behind. while stopped, the seat sounded as though it zipped through the gears in the chair and the backrest at the same time, leaving the backrest locked in the recline position. i was thrown backward and the seat belt extended all the way out and wrapped around my right leg just above the kneecap injuring my back and neck. i feel that i should not have been injured had the seat not failed.  view
2006-06-28 Sioux Falls, SD
I received a safety recall notice on my daewoo nubira regarding the camshaft position sensor. i want to get it serviced, but there nobody will service it! vern eide in sioux falls, who originally sold the car (to the prior owner) refuses to fix it. i went online to the daewoo site to get the nearest shop that would replace it and there is nobody in sd that is on that list. the nearest one is 200 miles away. that is unacceptable. it is a repair that legally has to be fixed, from what i understand...so daewoo needs accommodate a reasonable solution to get it repaired.  view
2006-06-28 Spring, TX
Vehicle with 29,300 miles. lightly driven, well maintained, inspected, tires checked & oil changed march of 2006. borrowed my mom's expedition. (big mistake), leaving the houston area headed for saint louis we got about 200+ miles before the tread came off. tomball ford, ford company & continental / general grabber tires changed our lives. headed in bound in the right or center lane a grassy steep median seperated the south bound traffic. felt a small bump so i took my foot off the accelerator to slow down & lightly braked to pull over to the right, i didn't have a chance to hit the brake when the right rear passenger tire tread came off, tried maintaining a straight direction to slow the vehicle down, but being so top heavy no matter how hard i tried it shot toward the median leaning to the passenger side where my teenage son was. thank god he partially laid back his seat & seat belt on. when it rolled on the passenger side, from this point i am told (we both hit our heads & were unconcious) suv shot out of the median upside down onto another car we contined to roll across the s-bound lanes & came to a stop facing east. airbags didn't delploy, all windows were busted out(xcpt 2), driver door is the only door that opened. my son & i are thankful, i received staples to the back of my head, i have to have an mri on my head & neck, son has to have his shoulder & hip checked. drivers seat broke loose, entire dash was destroyed. people in the other car were visiting from another country (i'm filled with sorrow & a lot of counseling ahead of me) their families are in my prayers & thoughts daily, two of the people in the other car passed away upon impact. i didn't know another car was involved. an er lady was talking about the wreck, mentioned 2 people died. i was thinkng no we didn't we are right here. i got the medic there to give me the details. all due to a faulty tire that had problems 00 & 01 model owners were notified but not 02 owners. p275/grabbers.  view
2006-06-28 Cocoa, FL
Dt*: the contact stated that the passenger side of the vehicle's dashboard developed a crack where the airbag is located. the vehicle was taken to the dealer on 06/26/06 who determined that the defect was not covered under warranty and did not repair the crack. the passenger side of the dashboard has developed three additional cracks since the incident occurred.  view
2006-06-28 Annandale, VA
The accumulator that is installed on the hydraulic brake booster is making an abnormal noise, that can be heard from inside the truck, and i know this type of truck had a recall a few years ago ( nhtsa # 01v254001), so i took it to the dealer this morning, just to be told that my montero was not in the recall list and that i had to pay about $350.00 to get it fixed. is there anything that i can do to get it fixed without having to pay all that money ? thank you.  view
2006-06-28 Englewood, FL
Dt*: the contact stated the headlights, brake lights, turn signal lights and reverse lights have failed on 30 seperate occassions. the bulb light failure indicator has worked in each case. the dealer agreed there was a problem, but had no solution.  view
2006-06-28 England, AR
Own 2002 chevy trailblazer which i purchased used in may 2004 with approx. 35-37,000 miles on it. driven on highway 5 days a week 61 miles round trip to work. vehicle developed loud roaring noise, poor acceleration, increased gas usage within the last year which initially was occasional but as of yesterday became non-stop. service engine light came on. nearly hit from behind due to inability to accelerate when merging into traffic. diagnostic code po495 which ended up being fan clutch. part at parts store was 217.99 w/tax. afraid to take to dealership as multiple other owners with same problems paid $600+ for repairs with majority being labor. frequency of fan clutch problems by other owners makes it apparent it should have been a recall by gm.  view
comments/
Keywords:
ALFA ROMEO 164 Comments and Complaints,ALFA ROMEO 164 Comments and Complaints ID:10394 Safety Comments and Complaints ALFA ROMEO 164, ALFA ROMEO 164 Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints, Comments and Complaints ALFA ROMEO 164, ALFA ROMEO 164 Comments and Complaints, Vehicle Comments and Complaints ALFA ROMEO 164

Page Description:
ALFA ROMEO 164 Comments and Complaints ID:10394 - Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints Information for ALFA ROMEO 164

Quick Find

Home  |  Vehicle Recalls  |  Service Bulletins  |  All World B2B