1986 RENAULT ALLIANCE User Comment / Complaint

1986 RENAULT ALLIANCE User Comment / Complaint

HOME » R » RENAULT » ALLIANCE » 1986 » Air conditioner » comment/complaint
1995-10-20 00:00:00 Coropelis, PA

Involved in recall no 92v051000, heater core was replaced but still having a problem with steam coming from a/c heater vents.

Send us your comment

Email
change RENAULT
Comment Requirements
Email
* Required - We will send a verification link to this email before your comment is posted.
Password
Optional - If you leave many comments and do not want to verify each one individually, put a password in this field. Your first comment will still need to be verified, but after it has you will be able to post comments immediately without having to wait for the verification email from our servers.
Optional - City & State if you live in the US or Canada, City & Country if you live anywhere else
Make / Model / Year
* Required
Image Form Verification
* Required
Password
change ALLIANCE
Comment    Max Characters: 1000 -- Remaining: 1000
Security Image Enter letters from box to the left

1995-10-20 Coropelis, PA
Involved in recall no 92v051000, heater core was replaced but still having a problem with steam coming from a/c heater vents.  view
1995-10-02 Lacon, IL
Both middle seat belt buckles the whole buckle came apart .  view
2005-10-04 Philidelphia, PA
Dt: the contact owns a 2005 chrysler pacifica. while driving on the road on october 4, 2005 went to hit the brakes and pushed the pedal as far as it would go, had no brakes. had to swerve out of the way to get out of the middle of the street. had to put on the emergency brake to stop the vehicle. the car was 6 months old. it was the second time this happened. 4 sensors on car, 2 out of 4 sensors tore. the contact took vehicle to the dealer, and the dealer did fix the vehicle which was still under warranty. no police reports. no crashes.  view
2005-10-04 Spicewood, TX
Dt: the front passenger door will not open. the latch broke inside the door. all the other mechanisms worked. the problem occurred on april of 2005. they were unable to repair the latch without causing damage to the vehicle. the dealership was still not guaranteeing that they could fix the problem.  view
2005-10-17 Duluth, MN
Dt: 2001 ford taurus. the contact stated the right rear coil spring broke and blew out the tire. the vehicle was taken to the dealership, and they replaced the spring and tire at the consumers expense. the consumer called ford and they stated the vehicle was not under recall . this happened on october 6, 2005. the consumer was able to put the spare tire on the vehicle and drove it to a ford dealership for repairs. updated 11/16/05.  view
2005-10-04 Brentwood, MO
Dt: the consumer stated that his 2003 ford ranger caught on fire on 9-30-05. the vehicle started smoking while in motion. the vehicle was pulled over. the fire was viewed coming from under the hood. the fire department was called. the truck was declared a total loss. the consumer felt that the fire department was unable to determine the cause of the fire. the consumer experienced no prior problems with the vehicle. the dealer was made aware of the problem. the consumer contacted his insurance company. the truck was towed to a junk yard in illinois. pictures were taken of the engine and the vehicle itself. the consumer planned to notify the manufacturer about the fire. (11/22/05) a popping noise was coming from the engine and it begun to lose power. the consumer popped the hood and saw fire coming out of the engine. by the time the fire department arrived, the engine was engulfed in flames.  view
2005-10-06 Aliso Viejo, CA
Consumer complaint: odi case number: 10137365 component: electrical system:wiring:front underhood details: insulation on electrical wiring crumbles to dust, resulting in shorts, damaged electronics, engine stalling, abs failure, etc. it appears mbz used defective insulation on the electrical wires in the engine compartment wiring harnesses. in all locations that are exposed to higher than ambient temperature the insulation crumbles to dust. . dealer says 'its a very common problem with 92-95 model years'. replacement harnesses cost over $3000 (2 rqd) and replacement components with integral defective wiring cost over $8000 (not including any computer boxes that get damaged by shorts.  view
2005-10-04 Middleburg, FL
Dt: 2000 dodge dakota. the consumer had an indication that it looked like a faulty clockspring assembly. the dealer stated that unless the airbag warning light was on there was no problem. spoke to a mechanic, he said that even though the warning light was not on now that the airbag will eventually fail. the consumer contacted the manufacturer, and go reference number 14124132. there were no recalls on this vehicle. this began at noon on october 4, 2005. . the stereo was completely out. this occurred when activating the tilt on steering wheel. the steering wheel has radio controls that go through via the clockspring.  view
2005-10-04 Bethalto, IL
Dt: contact owns a 2002 gmc envoy. contact was driving on road fan sped up and the heat went up. contact took vehicle to dealer, and they told her to replace the fan clutch motor. the piece to fix the vehicle cost $350. a local mechanic fixed the problem. no crashes. no police reports. incident date october 1, 2005.  view
2005-10-04 Crompond, NY
Dt: 2005 chevrolet uplander. while driving vehicle stalled on the highway with children inside. there was a fuel line problem. this occurred more than once. had to roll vehicle to neutral so the vehicle will start. the vehicle showed no gas if it was b not level parked. the interior and exterior lighting flickered more than on one occasion. people thought the consumer was flashing lights at them. the vehicle was manufactured for a handicap person. the consumer contacted the dealership , and they were able to duplicate the problem. the consumer was working with manufacturer to not have this vehicle any more due to all the problems. had problems since february 2005. the vehicle was not safe to drive. would not recommend anyone to buy this vehicle.  view
2005-10-04 Crompond, NY
Dt: 2005 chevrolet uplander. while driving vehicle stalled on the highway with children inside. there was a fuel line problem. this occurred more than once. had to roll vehicle to neutral so the vehicle will start. the vehicle showed no gas if it was b not level parked. the interior and exterior lighting flickered more than on one occasion. people thought the consumer was flashing lights at them. the vehicle was manufactured for a handicap person. the consumer contacted the dealership , and they were able to duplicate the problem. the consumer was working with manufacturer to not have this vehicle any more due to all the problems. had problems since february 2005. the vehicle was not safe to drive. would not recommend anyone to buy this vehicle.  view
2005-10-04 Crompond, NY
1996-06-05 La Mesa, CA
Rubber pad on the brake pedal fell off, preventing his foot from making contact. pedal is steel underneath/slick. please give more details.  view
2005-10-04 Westerville, OH
Dt: contact owns a 2000 dodge stratus. the incident happened on september 28, 2005. front end tie rod ends came apart from the wheel. had no warnings signs that anything was wrong with the vehicle. contact's 171/2 year old daughter went to pick up a friend, while pulling out from driveway the tie rod ends broke . as she was pulling out a friend's father heard the noise of the tie rod end breaking . he checked the vehicle, and told her what was wrong with it. vehicle was towed to contact's home. in the meantime contact found part available at advance automobile, and contact's husband fixed the tie rod ends. no crashes. no police reports. no fires.  view
2005-10-05 Newark, DE
1) my ignition switch broke 2) would not turn when the key was inserted 3) had a dealer replace the ignition switch. the tech also made a comment that, on this model, they all broke, and ford had made a better switch that was being used in the replacement.  view
2005-10-05 Tracy, CA
My almost 2 year old child can release the tension on the car seat strap, to the point that it is extremely dangerous. i called the company, and they have no fix for this. there have been no injuries,however in the event of a crash she would be thrown out of the seat, or strangled by the straps.  view
2005-10-05 Carrollton, TX
I'm the owner of a 2002 grand am se. i heard about the govt investigating signal malfunctions and i wanted to file a complaint. my car continues to make this annoying turn signal clicking sound on it's own. i cant do anything to stop it. sometimes it does it and sometimes it does not. please help. if you need any more information, please contact me as soon as possible. i believe this is a defect because i bought this car with only 37,000 miles on it.  view
2005-10-05 Garden Grove, CA
Noticed a grinding noise in engine at 4,000 miles. took in for the oil change and mentioned to the service advisor that there was a noise. after 3 weeks in a rental car, they finally returned the van after replacing the following: cylinder head, valves, cylinder head gasket, intake manifold gasket, 3 pushrods, rocker arm, and an air conditioner belt. not more than 8 hours later, i returned the car with a new noise. this time they replaced the intake manifold and gasket as they were improperly installed by the mechanic. finally back in my own car after another 2 days.  view
2005-10-05 Garden City, ID
Driver side visor retaining clip broke(twice). until repaired, the broken clip allowed visor to drop into steering wheel while driving. this impeded turning the steering wheel while vehicle in motion.  view
2005-10-05 Murray Hill, NJ
My car shakes, rattles and rolls - thinks it's elvis.  view
2005-10-18 Kill Devil Hills, NC
We just bought a used 2001 volvo v70xc with 70,000 miles and a 90 day warranty. the day i removed the 30 day temp tag the trouble. on the interstate going 70 mph at 1:00am about 6 hours from home the car lost power and died. it restarted after a few minutes. we thought it was bad fuel. later that weekend, oct 15, 2005, we lost power going through a tunnel. i thought we were going to die. luckily we made it out. found out it was the etm. not covered by warranty and not repairable by anyone but volvo who according to them-never have problems with this part. please advise. i am scared to death and i do not have $1200.00 to fix this problem.  view
2005-10-18 Moore, OK
October 14, 2005 i took my harley davidson ultra classic into bryan hd shop to have a safety recall complied with. the safety recall is for an inadvertent loss of electrical power. harley davidson recommended fix was to change out a circuit breaker. while riding my bike i have experienced four of these events of which two of these events would have taken my life had it not been for god smiling on me. i wasn't smiling! i don't like experiencing the emotion involved with losing my life to equipment failure. i purchased this bike from a friend. he did not bother to tell me of this problem. he went on to inform that he had changed this breaker out two other times, once by himself and once by a dealer. the first time i took this into the dealer they informed me that the battery cables were lose. which proved to be false. when the circuit breaker pops it can take up to 40 minutes for the breaker to reset. depending on outside air temperature. i believe the problem may be related to a combination of events; ( outside air temp. coupled with a moderate current flow and then an intermittent problem pops up from possibly the fuel injection system. the operating temperature of the bike coupled with previous mentioned items and the circuit breaker does its required job and opens. replacing the circuit breaker was not the fix. there is an electrical problem with the bike. i noticed that the seat was hot each time and the bike had been at operating temperature for at least 20 minutes. each time this event takes place that circuit breaker will get weaker and weaker. help!!  view
2005-10-18 Reno, NV
My 2002 ford explorer has a leak from the rear differential. i have had the seals replaced, but the leak persists. i believe there is a defect in the differential-transmission housings.  view
1996-06-05 Grand Juncti, TN
Air bag didn't deploy when hit by a truck. please give more details.  view
2005-10-18 Bellevue, NE
Failure of upper and lower ball joints on both sides of my 1999 dodge durango, 2wd.  view
2005-10-18 Bellevue, NE
Failure of upper and lower ball joints on both sides of my 1999 dodge durango, 2wd.  view
2005-10-18 Westerville, OH
My 2001 ford focus' ignition cylinder stripped and broke. the key will not turn in the ignition. i have done some research and have found that this is a very common problem with focus'. i feel that there should be a recall on these parts and reimbursements be made.  view
2005-10-18 Walcott, IA
I have a 2003 zts with a 5 speed. after driving roughly 40 miles nonstop when the temperature is 85 and above, the first time i push the clutch pedal in the pedal is really stiff, like a super duper heave duty clutch. by the 2nd or 3d time i press it in it's normal again. the car shift fine.. just has this really stiff pedal for 1 or two pushes after an 40 mile trip in hot temperatures. ford agreed, after a ton of complaining, to replace the clutch master cylinder, but it never helped. the car has 35,000 and 95% of those miles are on the interstate so there "should be" next to no wear on the clutch itself. this started happening at about 28,000 miles. now that the temperatures have fallen back to mid 70's for daytime hi's the problem is almost non-existent.  view
2005-10-18 Warren, MI
While driving less than 600 from my house in my 1999 green dodge durango 4 door the power steering went out causing an accident with a parked car. i had the car had to be towed to the dodge dealership in warren michigan i was told that the power steering seal blew causing the loss of power assist steering. the loss of this type of failure as you know makes driving harder that a car without power steering at all. i ask the dealership to have dcc look into the cause of this failure which cause the accident without any prior leaks or loss of fluid. the investigation letter stated that a vehicle that was built june 23, 1999 and had 66,006 miles would have these kinds of failures. the vehicle was inspected less than 3000 miles prior when it was taken in for air conditioning core issues. the dealership did an inspection and found other leaks but did not find issue with the power steering pump. i have looked all around the vehicle and operator's manual which does not have this information that steering can be hampered when the vehicle is older than 50k miles. the cost of the work to get he suspension , ball joints, tie rods , control arms, you name it will be just less than $5,000 dollars. does dcc know people could be injured or killed by these kind of problems. i hope this will not go on unfound ears. keep up the good work!!!!! stacy scicluna, warren michigan 586-757-7947 .  view
2005-10-18 Annandale, VA
2002 oldsmobile alero -- vin #1g3nl52e02c21167 turn signal failure: this is a used car with 27,000 miles owned by darcars -wilson-powell lincoln mercury. i was test driving the car on saturday and the turn signals failed for a while and resumed working. the turn signals failed completely on october 18, 2005, after i returned to the dealer to pick up the car to have it tested for emissions after the car failed the virginia emissions test due to a computer problem. i do not own the car. it is owned by darcars -- wilson-powell lincoln-mercury, inc. of temple hills, md.  view
2005-10-18 Anderson, IN
Abs brakes on my truck engage at low speeds, making stopping difficult. gm has issued a recall for this problem for 1999-2002 trucks, but mine is a 1998. i called gm to verify the recall and was told that i did not qualify because my truck was a '98 and not a '99 problem has been happening for several months and almost every time i am at a slow speed. the recall needs to be expanded.  view
2005-10-18 Snellville, GA
Windows fog up due to failure of hvac system. failure is caused by a defective part and is noted in jeep tsb (#24-001-04). jeep has redesigned the hvac housing. the failure of this part can cause the windows to quickly fog due to the failure of the system to blow air out of the defrost vents. our failure occurred while driving in the morning. the failed part is a mode door activator (part of the hvac housing). jeep knows that this part fails and has since redesigned the part. jeep is letting a known safety defect continue without a recall. most likely this is due to the high cost of component replacement. fortunately we did not have a traffic incident.  view
2005-10-18 Greer, SC
Week of 10/10/05 as traveling uphill, my car sputtered and loss power. after nearly being rear ended on the busy road, i was able to limb my car into a parking lot and turn off the engine. after a few minutes, i was able to restart my car and continue driving. today, 10/18/05, as i was entering i-85, my car once again sputtered and stalled. the entrance ramp was downhill, so i was able to coast into the emergency lane as tractor trailers and cars whizzed by me. i restarted the car after a few minutes of being turned off. i went to a mechanic friend and he told me that it was probably the etm and if it was not, it would be the next time the car breaks down. he could not repair it. he estimated the dealership would charge me $1200.00. he reported that he sees this at least once a month in volvos. i took the car to the dealer. an hour and a half later, i was informed my etm needed to be replaced and the cost would be $1150.00. i relunctantly agreed to the repair. i have researched the etm problem over the internet and have learned that volvo knew of this problem years before they sold the car to me. at a personal level, i had to pay for a defective part that volvo has known it has a 94%-100% failure rate! at a much higher level, volvo is risking people lives by not informing or voluntarily recalling this defective part. cars stall unexpectively. i was fortunate that i was not on the interstate yet. otherwise, the outcome could have been deadly.  view
2005-10-18 Fort Pierce, FL
Airbags did not deploy during a head on collision as well as a side collision. passenger of vehicle was injured. enough damage was done to the vehicle that it was claimed a total loss.  view
1996-06-05 Longbeach, NY
Brake drum failure, drivers side rear brake drum broke apart while driving, causing loss of brakes.  view
Airbags did not deploy during a head on collision as well as a side collision. passenger of vehicle was injured. enough damage was done to the vehicle that it was claimed a total loss.  view
2005-10-18 Jeanerette, LA
Opened rear door window and wind noise and vibrating sound seemed as if it was going to burst our ear drums,noise was unbearable.  view
2005-10-18 Valparaiso, IN
Continual activation of abs when coming to a stop; also activates while drive my 1999 chevy tahoe; this has been happening for months.  view
2005-10-18 Evergreen, CO
1- traveling from east coast west through indiana 2- spark plug came out of cylinder causing a breakdown and towing 3- service required to replaced plug and harness - cost of 75 for tow and 213.85 for parts/labor.  view
Airbags did not deploy during a head on collision. the backseat seatbelt also did not lock when the collision occurred, which resulted in my child's car seat moving forward and allowing the child to sustain head trauma during the accident. the passenger of the vehicle sustained injuries. the driver sustained bruised ribs from hitting the steering wheel. the truck had quite a bit of frontal damage and took several weeks to repair. i assumed the airbags would've been checked during the time the repairs were done at a local dodge dealership.  view
2005-10-19 Madison, NJ
The vehicle safety systems failures are detailed below: dot safety recall for power steering clamp repaired by mbm in july catastrophic failure of power steering system occurred ~ 2 weeks later while rounding a corner with 4 other family members, barely avoided a head-on collision. vehicle towed to mbm for repairs. i indicated to the service rep that i was also experiencing abrupt shifting. a promise by national service center of clean up of garage and drive from ps fluid did not occur. power washing and 4 hours and $50 in cleaners were needed to complete the clean up. mbm indicted permanent repairs would be made at a later date, and i would be called when a new part arrived. no such call or contact for the third safety systems service was ever received. throughout july and august 7-speed electronic automatic transmission deteriorated, experienced abrupt downshifts primarily at slow speed and on inclines. on five occasions experienced complete disengagement of transmission, all occurred at ~20-45 mph. 4 times it reengaged after jerking and lurching motions over several seconds. 1 occasion it was necessary to shut off and restart the vehicle. the vehicle was taken to mbm in august diagnosed as needing reprogramming. right outside mirror is not operable resulting in an uncorrectable (no manual adjustment was possible) blind spot. repairs in progress. i drove the ml 350 into my garage ~9am saturday morning, pushed in the transmission button, heard typical transmission sound and steeped out of vehicle to unload before heading for additional errands leaving the door open and engine running. i proceeded to the rear and noticed it moving rearward, immediately jumped back in drivers seat, and shut off engine. the vehicle impacted on appliance in garage and resulted in ~$3,000 in damage primarily to drivers door. no final resolution or repairs have been made.  view
2005-10-19 Yorba Linda, CA
My wife was driving the vehicle and she heard a "big pop". vehicle became immediately disabled. she called tow company and sent to neighborhood ford dealer. they stated that a spark plug had popped out of the aluminum engine. i immediately thought "defect" as spark plugs should not be flying out of engine blocks. i took my complaint to the dealer customer service manager & owner. she (amanda) stated that there is a serious problem with ford engines and that this is problem that they know about. she said they know the threads were "too short" and that it could happen again at any time to other spark plugs. i fear for the safety of my family but with six kids we need the vehicle run our daily lives. i have been advised after the re-tapping "repair" at the dealership that the only ford authorized repair is a full replacement of the cylinder heads that would cost $ 6,000. this is a whole other issue. please do not let them get away with this. i am informed that there are thousands of others that are having the same problem.  view
2005-10-19 Fayetteville, NC
Premature wear of rear tires: the factory set angle of camber leads to severe cupping of the rear tires on a 2003 bmw x5 4.4 after 30000 miles, cord is showing on the inside of the tire. (bridgestone turanza er30(tz) 285-45r19 107v). dealer said this is normal wear. in addition, the dealer said the vehicle is setup with high negative camber because it is meant to be driven at 100 mph. the rest of the tread is normal, the vehicle has been driven conservatively, and the tire pressure is checked often. repair includes replacing the rear tires and a 4 wheel alignment. ($800).  view
2005-10-19 Warrington, PA
Vehicle, 2003 chevy 1500, 2 wheel drive truck. part failed: rear brake rotor. the rear brake rotors are failing internally. large pieces of rust are breaking away in the cooling fin area.  view
2005-12-02 Hackettstown, NJ
Dt: the contact stated while driving on a smooth highway the driver's side air bag deployed. there was no accident to cause the air bag to deploy. there were minor injuries. the dealer could offer no free remedy because the car had over 100,000 miles on it. the manufacturer agreed with the dealer. the deployment of the ear bag caused damage/hearing loss to the consumer ears.  view
1996-06-05 Narrows, VA
Vehicle was impacte at 2:00 position at speed of 50mph, driver's side airbag did not deploy.  view
2005-10-19 Waukesha, WI
Dt: the contact stated the engine service light kept coming on the 2004 suzuki verona. oil was getting in the gas line. vehicle has been to the dealership over the past year repeatedly for the engine service light problem. the transmission was not automatically shifting. the contact said that it seemed to be connected to the engine light. as of yesterday, the speedometer was not working. the manufacturer has been called ,and they said that they would notify the dealer and try to figure out what was wrong with the vehicle. the dealership did not call the contact. the dealer said that there was nothing wrong with the car. the 02 sensor has been replaced once, and was currently waiting on another 02 sensor to be installed. the only problem was that the part has not been manufactured.  view
2005-10-20 Fairview, OK
Dt: the contact stated there was a recall on this vehicle two years ago. he took vehicle to the dealership to have recall repair work performed. currently, the vehicle is doing the same thing that it was doing two years ago before he took it in for recall repairs. the contact's wife could barely get the vehicle to stop. it had no brake power assist, the pedal was rock hard. the abs and the brake lights come on and stayed on.  view
2005-10-20 Fairview, OK
Dt: the contact stated there was a recall on this vehicle two years ago. he took vehicle to the dealership to have recall repair work performed. currently, the vehicle is doing the same thing that it was doing two years ago before he took it in for recall repairs. the contact's wife could barely get the vehicle to stop. it had no brake power assist, the pedal was rock hard. the abs and the brake lights come on and stayed on.  view
2005-10-06 Bessemer, AL
In november 2004 i took my 2001 expedition into the ford dealership service department. they found a head gasket defective and replaced it. immediately after getting the car back from dealership the steering was giving resistance while driving. we called the dealership and they told us it was probably "air in the power steering lines" and that sometimes happens after fixing the problem they fixed. they told us it would "work itself out". well, it didn't work itself out, it got worse. so we took the car back to dealership in june 2005 and they could not "reproduce the problem so after some complaining from us, they rechecked the vehicle and found that p/s pump evo actuator to be causing the problem and replaced the power steering pump. this did not fix the problem. the car was still giving resistence in the steering. the problem continued to get worse and worse, so in october 2005, we took the car to the dealership again. they again said they could not reproduce the hanging up or noise. nobody ever said anything to them about popping noise. when i got there to pick the car up i was not out of the parking lot and it starting doing it again, so i pulled back in and they refused to look at the car anymore.  view
2005-10-06 Renton, WA
Vehicle has a loss of speed. rpms increase. no speed. stop car, put in park, back in drive a couple of times. gets back up to speed. doors have to be manually locked or unlocked for approximately 100 miles . dealer cannot duplicate the problem. has been in the shop 4 times.  view
2005-10-06 Carrollton, TX
Today i went to start my car and the srs light was on and i didn't know what it was. so i called my acura dealership and was told to bring it in for them to look at. i was told that it is not safe to drive since my air bags would not deploy with that light on and that i would have to pay since it was not covered under warranty or my extended service contract which i paid extra for. they said that the problem is in a sensor in the passenger seat and that even if i didn't replace it they still would charge me around $90 just because they looked at it. they said the manager called california and they have agreed to goodwill it, but you will have to pay for the labor which is $160 and out of my safety i chose to go ahead and pay for it, but don't think it is fair that i have to be responsible for a manufacturer defect. i've read online that many other people have had the same problem such as at www.acurazine.com and other acura owner sites.  view
2005-10-06 Beatty, OR
The tread separated from the right rear tire on my 2001 ford 350 truck. as it left, it did considerable damage to the right side of the vehicle. i replaced the tire, sent the damaged one to firestone, who have denied responsibility, and are sending it back-(c.o.d.) the tires were original, with plenty of legal tread left.  view
2005-10-06 Beatty, OR
The tread separated from the right rear tire on my 2001 ford 350 truck. as it left, it did considerable damage to the right side of the vehicle. i replaced the tire, sent the damaged one to firestone, who have denied responsibility, and are sending it back-(c.o.d.) the tires were original, with plenty of legal tread left.  view
2005-10-06 St Louis, MI
While driving down the road there is a clicking sound coming from the dash. this sounds like a blinker but the blinker is not on. i have heard several things about this defect and wondered why there isn't a recall?  view
2005-10-06 Edmond, OK
I purchased a used 1995 toyota 4runner that was serviced regularly by a licensed mechanic. the car had no problems leading up to the head gasket failure that i just experienced. the head gasket blew approximately 75 miles from home while my daughter was driving and may have caused other engine problems not yet determined. from searching the internet i have found that this is a very much more than isolated problem with toyota head gaskets. toyota issued a service campaign admitting the problem, but it limited the number years. the problem has obviously continued in the same manner since the campaign but toyota refuses to admit that fact. the nhtsa needs to investigate, and protect the consumer from the danger of engine failure on the roadway, as well as extreme repair cost by forcing toyota to extend their campaign or announce a recall to fix the problem.  view
1996-06-05 Crestwood, IL
Vehicle was at complete stop, driver and passenger airbags deployed without warning which caused driver to lose control of vehicle, impact 12:00 position.  view
2005-10-06 Fredericksburg, VA
The vehicle was driven approximately 5 miles to where my wife and i were to drop off our daughter at a friends house. upon arriving at my friends house, my son and 3 other passengers remained in the vehicle and due to the weather, the car remained running with the ac on. when we entered our friends house, we observed smoke and flames coming from the vehicle. we immediate ran to the vehicle to get our son and the other passengers out. we attempted to extinguish the flames and placed a 911 call to the local fire department.  view
2005-10-06 Fayetteville, NC
Gas pedal keeps getting stuck under carpet. i almost crashed into someone because i couldn't get the gas pedal loose.  view
2005-10-06 Humansville, MO
Turn signals will not work-seems to be a defect in the flasher. started just occasionally, but has gotten worse. will work sometimes, but usually not.  view
2005-10-06 Montgomery Village, MD
Observed slipping during full stops, engine died several occasions before the actual total failure of parts involved, loss of forward motion or speed pick-up, transmission fluid leaked (toyota issued an automatic transaxle warranty enhancement notice involving 1998-2000 siennas but apparently the company already have knowledge of this problem to occur).  view
2005-10-07 Baltimore, MD
I was attempting to change lines on md i-97 north bound from the slow right lane to the fast lane left lane. when a car in the fast lane speed up which never allowed me to change lanes, i continued to travel in the same slow right lane. within 1 minute after that action of the attempted lane change, i experienced the steering wheel shaking erratically and trying to pull to the right. although the car was going straight, the steering wheel kept pulling to the right. eventually, the car started fishing tailing or swerving. when i tried to slow the car down, the sensitivity of the steering wheel over compensated for the minor turning of the steering wheel and basically took over the steering from me. this action of the car placed me into a position in which i could not fully recover on my own and made the car spin out of control facing the opposite direction and subsequently y causing an head-on collision.  view
2005-10-06 Chicago, IL
I own an '02 chevy malibu (since 2/28/02). i had the same hazard switch problem w/my '02 malibu that the '00 & '01 model years had, and i had to pay for its replacement (roughly $130). i had no turn signals or hazard blinkers until it was replaced. gibson chevy of south holland, il did the replacement (it's in their repair system). my car presently has a little over 45k miles. gm should reimburse me for the money i was forced to pay, given the history of this defect with prior model years and the fact this situation has not seemingly been replaced with the '02 model year, either. i got no notification of a problem with this switch or a recall on it, either. i have had to have a modulator replaced last week (10/5/05) which affects the blower motor speeds in my vehicle's ventilation system ($152.00). at speeds 1, 2 and 3, the blower motor wouldn't work at all. each speed starting with the lowest to the higher speeds was going out-the only speeds working were #4, #5 & defrost. i was forced to have this replaced or i wouldn't be able to use the vents or defroster or the blower itself (& the defroster), would not work at all. this repair was done at brach auto repair (103rd & western ave., chicago il -- this repair detail is in their system). brach auto also replaced some parts in my fuel injection system (it was malfunctioning/about to go out). the amt i paid for this is also in their system. at that time, tom beaulieu informed me that gm has distributed a tsb re: this situation (which i was not informed of until i took my car in for the modulator repair), & how i must run my car w/ only shell or bp's 93 octane gasoline (even though the owner's manual states it should/can run on 87 octane). now, due to a poor fuel injector design, running anything less than 93 octane in my '02 malibu will result in more costly repairs. (3 separate failures / 3 separate parts on the same car). i want gm to reimburse me for the money i've spent for these repairs.  view
2005-10-06 Chicago, IL
I own an '02 chevy malibu (since 2/28/02). i had the same hazard switch problem w/my '02 malibu that the '00 & '01 model years had, and i had to pay for its replacement (roughly $130). i had no turn signals or hazard blinkers until it was replaced. gibson chevy of south holland, il did the replacement (it's in their repair system). my car presently has a little over 45k miles. gm should reimburse me for the money i was forced to pay, given the history of this defect with prior model years and the fact this situation has not seemingly been replaced with the '02 model year, either. i got no notification of a problem with this switch or a recall on it, either. i have had to have a modulator replaced last week (10/5/05) which affects the blower motor speeds in my vehicle's ventilation system ($152.00). at speeds 1, 2 and 3, the blower motor wouldn't work at all. each speed starting with the lowest to the higher speeds was going out-the only speeds working were #4, #5 & defrost. i was forced to have this replaced or i wouldn't be able to use the vents or defroster or the blower itself (& the defroster), would not work at all. this repair was done at brach auto repair (103rd & western ave., chicago il -- this repair detail is in their system). brach auto also replaced some parts in my fuel injection system (it was malfunctioning/about to go out). the amt i paid for this is also in their system. at that time, tom beaulieu informed me that gm has distributed a tsb re: this situation (which i was not informed of until i took my car in for the modulator repair), & how i must run my car w/ only shell or bp's 93 octane gasoline (even though the owner's manual states it should/can run on 87 octane). now, due to a poor fuel injector design, running anything less than 93 octane in my '02 malibu will result in more costly repairs. (3 separate failures / 3 separate parts on the same car). i want gm to reimburse me for the money i've spent for these repairs.  view
2005-10-06 Oroville, CA
Spark plug blow out on my 2002 f150, 5.4l,v8, ford pickup. mileage at time of the incident,46337. while turning right after stopping at a stop sign, i heard a loud pop. the engine lost power and continued to pop very loud. i pulled to the side of the road and called a tow truck. i knew what the problem was, because my brothers 2001, f150, 5.4l, v8, ford pickup, mileage aprox.103000 had the same problem. ford knows about the problem and has a new head with 8 threads instead of 4, but claim no responsibility for the failure. my truck is a the dealership that i purchased it from. i have an extended warranty that is covering the replacement of "one" head. i am paying for the replacement of the other head. i think it is totally wrong to replace only one head when they both have the same defect!!  view
2005-10-06 Erie, PA
Consumer was broadsided by a pickup causing a collision with another vehicle both side air bags deployed, the driver side front air bag did not deploy. after the consumer was broadsided the vehicle continued forward striking a telephone pole head on. the consumer received a recall notice prior to the accident and did comply with the recall. the air bag that was mentioned in the recall was the very air bag which had supposedly been serviced. recall# 04v551000.  view
2005-10-06 Corinth, TX
Consumer air bags deployed at speed of 5 mph seat belts also malfunctioned. after the accident, the police officer noticed the seat belt did not lock when pulled quickly. the police officer stated he could see no reason why the air bag should have deployed due to the damage being minor.  view
1997-03-25 Bonney Lak, WA
Intermittent stalling.  view
2005-10-06 Mableton, GA
While driving home on interstate 285 in traffic i heard a loud pop in my left ear and my seat belt tightened to an unbearable tightness. my car filled with a powdery like substance and that's when i realized that my side curtain and seat airbags had deployed. there was nothing in the highway that i could have hit. my car was drivable and i pulled over to see if there was any damage. there was no damage so i called the dealership and took it in. they did a visual inspection and could find no reason why the air bags should have deployed. they said they would have to keep the car over night so that they could look at it more closely. the next day i called to check the status of my car and at that time i was informed that they could not find any damage to my car but they needed to continue looking. 15 minutes later i received a phone call stating that they had found a small scratch on the bottom of my car and that was the cause of my airbags deploying. i am insisting that i did not hit anything because the highway was clear at the time. am i getting the run around from honda? is this normal?  view
2005-10-06 Greenville, TX
There is a bad smell coming from the air vents. found out that there was mold in the cooling system. there are many many other things that have been wrong with my car. they have had 3 attempts to fix the problem and have not. i have a dr. statement that the car is not safe for me to drive because of my asthma and other medical problems. the car has been back to the dealership 8 times since i bought it in april for many things. but 3 times for the smell and 3 times for the brakes and nether have been fixed.  view
2005-03-11 Bay Village, OH
The plastic molding that covered the front bumper cracked . the cracking of that molding was caused by the cold weather (below 10 degree f). consumer was concerned that pieces of the cracked bumper my causes damage to the front windshield or to the tires while driving. dealer was notified.  view
2005-04-22 Venice, CA
When the consumer applied the brakes, the vehicle started to vibrate severely. the consumer took the vehicle to dealership and was informed by mechanic that rotors had warped unevenly and excessively. the rotors replaced on 4/21/05.  view
2005-10-06 Chicago, IL
2005-10-06 Greenville, TX
There is a bad smell coming from the air vents. found out that there was mold in the cooling system. there are many many other things that have been wrong with my car. they have had 3 attempts to fix the problem and have not. i have a dr. statement that the car is not safe for me to drive because of my asthma and other medical problems. the car has been back to the dealership 8 times since i bought it in april for many things. but 3 times for the smell and 3 times for the brakes and nether have been fixed.  view
2005-10-06 Oconomowoc, WI
I have a 2001 ford taurus. one of the rear springs failed. there was no indication of the broken spring. the broken spring protruded into the rear tire, wearing a groove. thankfully the broken spring was found before a tire blowout occurred. both rear springs and rear tires needed replacement.  view
2005-10-06 Belmont, CA
I had just parked my 2002 chevrolet silverado extended cab pickup truck and stepped out to talk with someone. the keys were not in the ignition and the windows were down. my 4-year old son who was in the rear seat, unbuckled himself and reached over the driver's seat and pressed the seat position memory button. the seat retracted and pinned him between the seat and the b-pillar. as a result my son was asphyxiated and nearly died. since his chest was immediately crushed, he could not yell for help and had i not turned to check on him for another minute he would have not recovered. luckily for us and for the help of a quick responding rescue squad, paramedics, and emergency room staff, my son is alive and appears to be well. my complaint lies with the facts that the memory buttons are 1) accessible by a child from the rear seat, and 2) that (unlike a modern garage door openers) the motor mechanism which generates a great deal of power, does not sense any level of resistance. i have since disconnected the seat position memory buttons on the door panel. however, this design is present in all late model gm suvs and given their popularity, this design represents a grave danger to many us families and their children. after some internet research, i found that this exact design has caused prior tragedies, as follows: the inquirer may 31, 2001 power seat kills girl, 5, playing in family's suv willistown - a 5-year-old girl playing at home was killed tuesday night after she climbed into the family's suv and eventually became crushed between the driver's seat and part of the car's frame. the girl was pinned between the seat and a part of the frame known as the b-pillar behind the door of the 2001 chevy tahoe, police said. chester county coroner said the girl most likely was climbing through the crack between the front seat and door when she pressed one of the buttons on a door console that moves the seat to pre-programmed positions.  view
2005-10-06 Palmdale, CA
Fuel gauge was not working when we test drove the vehicle. found out after purchase that the wiring harness and fuel lines were crushed when the vehicle was manufactured. the vehicle has been in for five more repair attempts to correct electrical failures in the vehicle and at this time it is not corrected. at this time, while we are driving down the road the vehicle's electronics starts shutting down. we have other electrical failures throughout the coach as well. originally the wiring harness was being spliced when they found sections that had melted together. the last repair there was a new wiring harness installed, but it had to be spliced as well because the service technician could not reach the entire wiring due to it being covered. the fuel lines had a recall and they were fixed. the second safety item that has not been able to be repaired is the engine cover inside the vehicle. it comes loose when you hit a southern wind flow and shifts towards the driver. the passenger has to sit sideways in there seat and hold the cover in place with there feet or find something small and heavy to place on this cover to prevent it from coming loose. winnebago and workhorse wants to keep repairing this vehicle instead of taking it off the road.  view
2005-10-06 Madison, WI
Radio reception. we have the accord with the satellite/radio combination with a cd player. the antenna is located in the rear window. the radio reception, in either am or fm is unacceptable. the local honda garage has offered to replace the radio but insists that the problem is in the antenna design. the reception is terrible. stations that are easily heard in other vehicles we own or have owned is simply much better. this is annoying at best. i would not have purchased this vehicle had i known the radio reception was so bad.  view
1997-03-25 Tulare, SD
Engine idles high.  view
2005-10-06 Tuson, AZ
Dt: the contact stated that the 2004 cadillac escalade had a puncture in the tire, the size of a pencil. the speed that the contact was traveling was about 35 mph. there was nothing left on the tire. the contact had a gm representative look at the tire. the representative had plenty of excuses for the failure. the contact did not get any information that was satisfactory. the contact was a safety engineer and dealt in the tire industry. he knew that the failure could have been fatal. the tread on the tire ripped all around and into the rim. the vehicle was on a smooth dirt road. the location was the driver's side rear tire.  view
2005-08-29 Bowie, MD
Dt:the contact stated the passenger's side front air bag deployed without a collision while the consumer was driving a t40-50 mph. she did not hit anything. she was on a paved road and did not go over any big bumps in the road. the srs light was coming on and going off intermittently a couple of weeks prior to this happening. no one was hurt. the dealer gave her an estimate of $2,000.00 to put it back the air bag back in. she contacted honda and they decided there was nothing wrong with the air bag.  view
2005-07-15 San Fransico, CA
Dt the drivers air bag deployed while driving. the consumer contacted the dealer. it was not under warranty and they could not do anything about it. this happened around may 31, 2005. vehicle ended up off the road because it hit consumer in the head. had headaches for a few days afterward.  view
2005-10-06 Vermillion, SD
Dt: 2000 freightliner mt45. the contact stated the fuel injection pump failed. this happened on august 31, 2005. the vehicle has not been to taken to the dealership. the contact installed a lift pump and a lift pump indicator failure light. he noticed sudden and unannounced engine failure while driving on main street traffic. the contact immediately pulled over with a dead engine. the vehicle was then towed to the consumer's residence. the contact contacted freightliner, and they told him there was no warranty coverage. also contacted cummins, and they stated there was no warranty coverage .  view
2005-10-06 Madison, WI
Radio reception. we have the accord with the satellite/radio combination with a cd player. the antenna is located in the rear window. the radio reception, in either am or fm is unacceptable. the local honda garage has offered to replace the radio but insists that the problem is in the antenna design. the reception is terrible. stations that are easily heard in other vehicles we own or have owned is simply much better. this is annoying at best. i would not have purchased this vehicle had i known the radio reception was so bad.  view
2005-10-06 Huntsville, AL
Consumer's engine over heats and consumes oil excessively. *** nar received 9-29-05*** the technician diagnosed the problem as possible head gasket or head bolt failure.  view
2005-10-06 East Hampton, NY
The consumer purchased the vehicle already inspected by the dealer. a few days later the consumer took the vehicle to a local meineke because of a squeaking noise. the vehicle was checked and the consumer was told that the vehicle should have never passed inspection due to numerous problems found with the vehicle. the meineke tech stated that eh vehicle should not have passed inspect due to numerous violations. the vehicle needs 2 wheel bearings, track bar, steering shock, 2 hub assemblies, brake lines, oxygen sensor and a new license plate bulb. the consumer contacted the dealer to get his money back but they refused.  view
2005-08-31 Lancaster, NY
The consumer's 2002 chevrolet tahoe has anti lock brake issues. when trying to apply the brakes vehicle did not come to a complete stop. saw recall 05068 t on nhtsa's website. the dealer will not commit to do a recall remedy. and gm did feel it has to do a recall. the car was unsafe to drive. my wife drove into a intersection and fortunately nobody got hurt. the sensors would pulsate and cause the vehicle not to stop.  view
2005-08-31 South Vienna, OH
Dt: the truck caught on fire this morning while sitting in the driveway. there was no other property damage, and no one was injured. the fire department put the fire out. the fire department indicated the fire came from the engine only. the cruise control stopped working about two weeks ago. the vehicle's owner had just found out about ford fires related to the cruise control.  view
2005-08-31 Saco, ME
Dt: while driving at 60 to 70 mph, the wheel studs snapped in half. this resulted in the wheel assembly coming apart. there was a loss of vehicle control but no accident occurred. the vehicle was towed, and parts were replaced. the wheel assembly came apart because four of the five studs broke.  view
1997-03-25 Milton, NJ
Timing case profile gaskets failed which in turn releases all coolant in the system.  view
The consumer purchased the vehicle already inspected by the dealer. a few days later the consumer took the vehicle to a local meineke because of a squeaking noise. the vehicle was checked and the consumer was told that the vehicle should have never passed inspection due to numerous problems found with the vehicle. the meineke tech stated that eh vehicle should not have passed inspect due to numerous violations. the vehicle needs 2 wheel bearings, track bar, steering shock, 2 hub assemblies, brake lines, oxygen sensor and a new license plate bulb. the consumer contacted the dealer to get his money back but they refused.  view
2005-10-06 Pleitersheim, DC
Consumer check engine light came on and was told that he would need a new computer. ** received 9-28-05*** the consumer was living in germany at the time and the chrysler dealer there was unable to get the part from the states for two months. the consumer requested a rental but was told that since his chrysler came from the states the couldn't authorize a rental. the consumer rented a vehicle from 4/29/05 - 7/19/05 and request reimburse from chrysler for the cost.  view
2005-10-06 Fullerton, CA
Consumer steering wheel vibrates when applying brakes. ** received 9-29-05*** the vehicle was taken to the dealer twice within 3 months for this problem. the dealer replaced the rotors but the problem resurfaced.  view
2005-10-06 Lewisville, TX
I sustained a complete blowout on a left rear tire of my 2003 starcraft aruba travel trailer that left me dangerously close to i-20 traffic changing a tire. i proceeded to the next town and had td tires in vicksburg ms examine all carlisle 205/75-14 tires on the ground and found the 3 other tires with separation and unusual wear patterns. i was forced to purchase 4 tires from the tire company costing $384.00 to proceed home 350 miles to dallas. the tires had approximately 5,000 to 6,000 miles on them. carlisle asked me to ship tires to them fed ex and they offered me 153.00 for all 4 tires. this is an insult after so much trouble and danger. many drivers are complaining about carlisle tires.  view
2005-10-06 Lewisville, TX
I sustained a complete blowout on a left rear tire of my 2003 starcraft aruba travel trailer that left me dangerously close to i-20 traffic changing a tire. i proceeded to the next town and had td tires in vicksburg ms examine all carlisle 205/75-14 tires on the ground and found the 3 other tires with separation and unusual wear patterns. i was forced to purchase 4 tires from the tire company costing $384.00 to proceed home 350 miles to dallas. the tires had approximately 5,000 to 6,000 miles on them. carlisle asked me to ship tires to them fed ex and they offered me 153.00 for all 4 tires. this is an insult after so much trouble and danger. many drivers are complaining about carlisle tires.  view
2005-10-06 Muskego, WI
My 2002 avalanche has, three times this year, experienced the problem noted in the brake recall where , at low speeds, the brakes fail to apply. it is a very scary feeling and occurs mostly in stop and go traffic. the first 2 times it happened i thought i had placed my left foot sideways under the brake pedal, because no matter how hard i pushed the pedal, nothing happened. i was pretty sure i didn't have my foot under the pedal. now i know i hadn't. my problem is that now i hear that this recall does not include my state because we don't use enough salt or there are not enough complaints! you got to be kidding! i will guarantee gm that this will cost them huge if i get in an accident. i don't care what the extent of damage is. this is ridiculous, shortsighted and idiotic. i have contacted the dealer, the zone office, my insurance company and my attorney. my insurance company and atty stated that i need to keep good notes and do as much research as possible. my dealer said "bring it in" but probably won't cover it - maybe later. i still haven't heard from the zone office. my wife can't believe how upset i am over this. i am currently researching how much salt is used in the winters here. i will not stand for this.  view
2005-10-06 Bellmaur, NJ
Dt: the contact owns 1994 ford taurus gl. the front end of car was going to the left and sometimes when she turned the wheel there was tightness in the steering wheel. she took vehicle to mechanic, and he told her he could not align the front end because one of the bolts was missing. the bolt has to do with keeping the car straight. the car was suppose to have two of the bolts. recall 98v323000 was issued on this item. she called ford, and was told this vehicle was not included in the recall due to vin.  view
2005-10-13 New City, NY
Dt: contact stated that while sitting at a stop light on a hill and taking foot off the brakes the vehicle rolled backward. dealer and manufacturer told her this was normal for this type of vehicle. she was told the idle was lower for a quieter ride, and it did not have the power the hold the vehicle on a hill.  view
1997-03-25 Fort Pierce, FL
Antilock brakes failed.  view
2005-10-13 New City, NY
Dt: contact stated that while sitting at a stop light on a hill and taking foot off the brakes the vehicle rolled backward. dealer and manufacturer told her this was normal for this type of vehicle. she was told the idle was lower for a quieter ride, and it did not have the power the hold the vehicle on a hill.  view
2005-09-07 Loveland, CO
Dt: consumer owns a 2001 dodge dakota. the upper ball joints had to be replaced at 31,915 miles. the lower ball joints were replaced at 37,556 miles. the service dealer stated that there were problems with this year, make, and model vehicle. the consumer stated that while driving there was a noise coming from the front end of the vehicle. he did not notice if there was any play in the steering until the lower ball joints were replaced. since the replacement it has a tighter steering control. there was a recall on the upper ball joints, but there has been no recall on the lower ball joints.  view
2005-10-06 New York, NY
1995 mazda 626 purchased used in 1998 with appx. 30,000 miles at time of purchase. vehicle currently has 40,000 miles and the transmission has totally burned out. took vehicle to dealer in july 2005. i was informed that i needed a new transmission. i asked why would a vehicle with only 40,000 miles need a new transmission. car was only driven on weekends for short trip. in the 7 years that i've had the vehicle it was only driver 10,000 miles. i paid over 18,000 for a vehicle that gets only 10,000 miles? or 40,000 total? asked mazda to pick up the cost of repair which is $4,000 as this is as recurring problem with certain of their model vehicles due to the installation of a ford transmission in these makes//modesl. mazda has advised that my warranty period has expired. i stated that it's not a warranty problem but a defective transmission problem. the car has now been at the dealer for 3 months. dealer has not contacted me except once to pick up the vehicle. i, of course, cannot pick up the vehicle as it cannot be driven without a transmission and i don't have $4,000 to pay for a new one. i continue to carry insurance on a car that cannot be driven. additional internet research has revealed that mazda owners all over the country are complaining about these bad transmissions that are burning out prematurely with as little as 25,000 miles on the vehicle. mazda refuses to acknowledge or correct the problem.  view
2005-10-17 Shepard, TX
Dt: evenflo discovery. dom december o1, 2003. while carrying the child in the seat the pins that hold the handle in place bent allowing it to break. the child bit her tongue when she fell on a wooden porch. the breakage occurred without cause. the contact has not able to reach the manufacturer yet.  view
2005-12-09 Jackson, NJ
Dt: the contact's vehicle suddenly accelerated. the vehicle has been taken to the dealership several times for diagnostic testing, no codes have been detected. the dealer was unable to duplicate the problem. the abs light had illuminated, the dealer found lack of volts for ebcm, the problem was traced to a faulty relay. the lower intake gasket had ruptured. the horn had stopped working due to a blown fuse. the left power window was slow to roll up. the rear defogger grid shorted out. updated 01/11/06.  view
2005-12-09 Jackson, NJ
Dt: the contact's vehicle suddenly accelerated. the vehicle has been taken to the dealership several times for diagnostic testing, no codes have been detected. the dealer was unable to duplicate the problem. the abs light had illuminated, the dealer found lack of volts for ebcm, the problem was traced to a faulty relay. the lower intake gasket had ruptured. the horn had stopped working due to a blown fuse. the left power window was slow to roll up. the rear defogger grid shorted out. updated 01/11/06.  view
2005-10-06 Magnolia, TX
I do not have any events leading up to the failure. the failure consisted of my seat back on the drivers side snapping at the base. after pulling the seat cover off i noticed that the stainless steel frame on the seat completely broke/snapped allowing the seat to fall back uncontrollably. i was driving at the time and almost wrecked. i replaced the seat with a like seat from a used vehicle.  view
2005-12-12 Columbia, MO
Dt: the contact purchased a 2002, chevrolet silverado new in 2002 from ron marhoffer chevrolet in northeast ohio, where he resided until early 2005. during the summer of 2005 abs intermittently activated at low speeds. by the end of september 2005 this problem was occurring almost every time the vehicle came to a stop. contacted chevrolet and a service appointment was made at local dealer, perry chevrolet, in columbia, mo. the dealership sent the contact home without correcting the problem. while there was a recall covering 2002 silverados in the state of ohio, there seemed to be some questions as to whether or not this vehicle was covered. the contact believed this vehicle was unsafe to drive in its current condition, since the stopping distance was unpredictable, especially in places such as parking lots. as of 12-13-05 the vehicle has been repaired. updated 01/11/06.  view
2005-10-17 Leeton, MO
Dt: the turn signals do not always work. consumertr contacted chevrolet corporation, and was informed that this vehicle was not recalled due to vin. but, need to emphasize that this vehicle has a similar problem. this incident h happen at least 4 times in the last month.  view
2005-12-12 Stoney Point, NY
Dt: the contact stated the automatic door locks were defective. the dealer replaced both front door lock actuators, which corrected the problem with the door locks. after a while, both rear door locks failed. the dealer has not inspected the vehicle to determine the cause of the problem. the power window was inoperative. updated 01/11/06.  view
comments/
Keywords:
RENAULT ALLIANCE Comments and Complaints,RENAULT ALLIANCE Comments and Complaints ID:8553 Safety Comments and Complaints RENAULT ALLIANCE, RENAULT ALLIANCE Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints, Comments and Complaints RENAULT ALLIANCE, RENAULT ALLIANCE Comments and Complaints, Vehicle Comments and Complaints RENAULT ALLIANCE

Page Description:
RENAULT ALLIANCE Comments and Complaints ID:8553 - Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints Information for RENAULT ALLIANCE

Quick Find

Home  |  Vehicle Recalls  |  Service Bulletins  |  All World B2B