1984 VOLKSWAGEN QUANTUM User Comment / Complaint

1984 VOLKSWAGEN QUANTUM User Comment / Complaint

HOME » V » VOLKSWAGEN » QUANTUM » 1984 » Automatic transmission » comment/complaint
1995-07-28 00:00:00 El Paso, TX

Auto-transmission failed resulting in vehicle coming to an abrupt halt. please describe details.

Send us your comment

Email
change VOLKSWAGEN
Comment Requirements
Email
* Required - We will send a verification link to this email before your comment is posted.
Password
Optional - If you leave many comments and do not want to verify each one individually, put a password in this field. Your first comment will still need to be verified, but after it has you will be able to post comments immediately without having to wait for the verification email from our servers.
Optional - City & State if you live in the US or Canada, City & Country if you live anywhere else
Make / Model / Year
* Required
Image Form Verification
* Required
Password
change QUANTUM
Comment    Max Characters: 1000 -- Remaining: 1000
Security Image Enter letters from box to the left

1995-07-28 El Paso, TX
Auto-transmission failed resulting in vehicle coming to an abrupt halt. please describe details.  view
2004-04-22 Hudson, WI
This is my mothers car (1998 honda accord ex-vl) which was totaled in an accident due to a sudden unintended acceleration.my wife was the first owner of the vehicle and my mother has had the car for about 2 years. she had stopped, put the car into park, got out to open a parking lot gate, got back in, stepped on the brake, and shifted the car into gear. it immediately went into a high rev and accelerated uncontrollably resulting in the car smashing into a wall about 60' away. luckily the air bags worked and neither her or my step father were seriously hurt. her foot was definitely on the brake pedal as there is a lockout mechanism that prevents the car from being taken out of park if the brake pedal is not pushed. this may or may not be related, but she was having difficulty getting the handle to move. the problem with it not moving had occurred previously, usually on a slight incline, but the honda dealer looked at it and told her nothing was wrong. my mother is a retired bus driver with a perfect driving record, no accidents, and only uses one foot to control the vehicle.  view
2004-04-22 Pacifica, CA
Automatic doors sometimes fail to close completely, stopping mid-way. need to restart car to close them. warning lights (all) lit up multiple times on several occasions for about 2 minutes each time; then went off. carbon deposit build-up in throttle cable makes the accelerator pedal very sticky and i need to constantly remind honda service to clean and lubricate; otherwise, it becomes very sticky and i need to push hard on pedal ~ leading to hard acceleration.  view
2004-04-22 Pacifica, CA
Automatic doors sometimes fail to close completely, stopping mid-way. need to restart car to close them. warning lights (all) lit up multiple times on several occasions for about 2 minutes each time; then went off. carbon deposit build-up in throttle cable makes the accelerator pedal very sticky and i need to constantly remind honda service to clean and lubricate; otherwise, it becomes very sticky and i need to push hard on pedal ~ leading to hard acceleration.  view
2004-04-22 Pacifica, CA
2004-04-22 San Gabriel, CA
Need to lubricate the seat belt buckles. check engine light is on. filler neck is bent. need to replace fuel pipe.  view
2004-04-22 San Gabriel, CA
Need to lubricate the seat belt buckles. check engine light is on. filler neck is bent. need to replace fuel pipe.  view
2004-04-22 Lapeer, MI
I purchased a 1996 chrysler town & country lxi from a used car lot "as is".the vehicle had supposedly had a 29 point service inspection.the next day i had the transmission checked due to leaking fluid from the front seal.the differential pin was broken with aluminum shavings in the pan and the filter was laying there loose.it appears that the previous owner had transmission service performed,saw the shavings and parked the van until it could be traded in.there was a light rust cover on the brake rotors to indicate it had been parked.i caught it just in time before the pin broke thru the aluminum case which would have cost an additional $500.00.the aamco dealer has so many of these vehicles with the same problem that they have a broken one on display in their showroom.the mechanic showed me how easy it would be to prevent this problem by getting the proper lubrication to the pin.the modifications he makes to do just that are the reason they can offer a lifetime warranty on the repairs.chrysler could do the same if they were interested in preventing this problem but the lure of the parts sales must be a better payoff.  view
2004-04-22 Jackson, NJ
Engine seizure at 45mph without warning! i changed the oil every 3000 miles. i own a 2000 toyota tacoma 4x4 with the v-6 engine in question! the truck had 80,000 high way miles on it when the engine siezed without any warning! toyota mortor corp. said sorry we cant help you. it cost me $5000.00 dollars to have the engine replaced, at least i am happy to say its back on the road again. i have been a loyal toyota owner for over 20 years and my truck engines typicaly ran well over 200,000 miles without any problems. i am pissed about toyota's responce. my next 4x4 truck will be a chevy!!!!!!!!!!  view
2004-05-12 Cadiz, OH
While traveling down the road both rear wheels and axles come off my 2000 ford ranger causing me to go broad side down the road about 50ft. the state patrol man informed the towing company to take the truck to the garage and tear it apart to find the cause, he felt there was a defect in this truck, we come to find out that the king pin in the rear end broke causing the rear end wheels and axles attached to come off  view
2004-05-12 Beatrice, NE
When i went in for oil change at 66,000 miles i was told the parking brakes were worn out. since i do not use thes they must have been defective.will replace when can make the 100 mile trip to dealer that found problem. dealer where purchased would not other fix problems when vehicle was under warranty.since i have purchased this vehicle new in march of 2000 the engine block was found to be cracked the transmission was defective and would slip at start almost hit three times before fixed, the driveshaft was bad the differiential was put in at wrong angle the back windows leaked air and water the gas pedal has been worked on twice is starting to stick again reported this toyou in aug 2002 still no recall. four pices of trim fell off air conditioner switch was replced twice heat sheild was installed wrong causing dash to vibrate.clearly gm is making some very defective products.when the original dealer would not get problems repaired i asked gm for help i had to find a dealer to help me on my own.most of these problems were fixed under extended warranty. three of them are saty problems the trnsmission took over a year to get results and could have caused a accident any time gm knew of this.i now am getting a knock out of second engine. i will put down todays date because these problems occured over such a long time.  view
comments/
Keywords:
VOLKSWAGEN QUANTUM Comments and Complaints,VOLKSWAGEN QUANTUM Comments and Complaints ID:9700 Safety Comments and Complaints VOLKSWAGEN QUANTUM, VOLKSWAGEN QUANTUM Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints, Comments and Complaints VOLKSWAGEN QUANTUM, VOLKSWAGEN QUANTUM Comments and Complaints

Page Description:
VOLKSWAGEN QUANTUM Comments and Complaints ID:9700 - Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints Information for VOLKSWAGEN QUANTUM

Quick Find

Home  |  Vehicle Recalls  |  Service Bulletins  |  All World B2B