1989 AUDI 80 User Comment / Complaint

1989 AUDI 80 User Comment / Complaint

HOME » A » AUDI » 80 » 1989 » Automatic transmission » comment/complaint
1995-07-17 00:00:00 Ft Lee, NJ

The vehicle has been recalled three years ago for the transmission. now the transmission damaged again due to low oil. please describe.

Send us your comment

Email
change AUDI
Comment Requirements
Email
* Required - We will send a verification link to this email before your comment is posted.
Password
Optional - If you leave many comments and do not want to verify each one individually, put a password in this field. Your first comment will still need to be verified, but after it has you will be able to post comments immediately without having to wait for the verification email from our servers.
Optional - City & State if you live in the US or Canada, City & Country if you live anywhere else
Make / Model / Year
* Required
Image Form Verification
* Required
Password
change 80
Comment    Max Characters: 1000 -- Remaining: 1000
Security Image Enter letters from box to the left

1995-07-17 Ft Lee, NJ
The vehicle has been recalled three years ago for the transmission. now the transmission damaged again due to low oil. please describe.  view
2004-01-12 Little Rock, AR
When the brakes were applied they would make a noise. when applying the emergency brake on an incline it did not hold.  view
2004-01-12 Little Rock, AR
When the brakes were applied they would make a noise. when applying the emergency brake on an incline it did not hold.  view
2004-01-12 Jerusalem, OH
Upon servicing the vehicle technician inspected ball joints and noticed all four ball joints were worn out, and needed to be replaced.  view
2004-02-04 Oregon, IL
I have a 1999 grand caravan, i have not received any recall notices at all. i have had numerous problems with this vehicle. why haven't i been notified of any of these concerns. i have problems with windshield wipers just quitting. dome lights fading in an out. now that my warrenty is up, they say i'll need a new transmission. the back gate won't unlock with a key, the windows leak, the sliding doors don't seal, they rattle going down the road. my rpm dial shoots up and down, not only that, my paint has started peeling over the back left wheel. they say it's not their problem. just started bubbling and rusting. i've had to have a gas line underneath fixed due to knocking it wasn't fixed properly. i have a lemon is what i have and now that i have no warrenty they just keep putting their hands out. i have put three sets of brakes in less than 4 years and now they say i need rotors. i live 3 miles from work. what's up with that. help!!!!!!!!!!!!!now my blower is going out of my heater, i've had to replace two hub caps, $150 each for the fragile plastic.  view
2004-02-04 Oregon, IL
I have a 1999 grand caravan, i have not received any recall notices at all. i have had numerous problems with this vehicle. why haven't i been notified of any of these concerns. i have problems with windshield wipers just quitting. dome lights fading in an out. now that my warrenty is up, they say i'll need a new transmission. the back gate won't unlock with a key, the windows leak, the sliding doors don't seal, they rattle going down the road. my rpm dial shoots up and down, not only that, my paint has started peeling over the back left wheel. they say it's not their problem. just started bubbling and rusting. i've had to have a gas line underneath fixed due to knocking it wasn't fixed properly. i have a lemon is what i have and now that i have no warrenty they just keep putting their hands out. i have put three sets of brakes in less than 4 years and now they say i need rotors. i live 3 miles from work. what's up with that. help!!!!!!!!!!!!!now my blower is going out of my heater, i've had to replace two hub caps, $150 each for the fragile plastic.  view
2004-02-04 Bloomingdale, IL
Turn signal control malfunctions. right signal not working unless stalk is pulled slightly back and lane change feature is used. emergency flashers fail to operate. problem was intermittent and is now constant.  view
2004-02-04 Las Vegas, NV
I tried to start my car and the key would not turn. the ignition was locked. i tried several times and it would not turn. i read on a ford focus forum online that several other focus owners have experienced this same problem and one tow truck driver hit the key in the ignition to get it started. i had to result to doing the same and it worked. the other problem now is that my key is now stuck in the ignition and will not come out. the dealer wants to charge $380+ and this is outrageous! there are thousands of complaints about this ignition lock problem. my concern is that this problem could have happened anywhere. thank goodness it happened at home close to internet resources. otherwise, i would have been stranded somewhere with 3 young children and no means of starting my car.  view
2004-02-04 Las Vegas, NV
I tried to start my car and the key would not turn. the ignition was locked. i tried several times and it would not turn. i read on a ford focus forum online that several other focus owners have experienced this same problem and one tow truck driver hit the key in the ignition to get it started. i had to result to doing the same and it worked. the other problem now is that my key is now stuck in the ignition and will not come out. the dealer wants to charge $380+ and this is outrageous! there are thousands of complaints about this ignition lock problem. my concern is that this problem could have happened anywhere. thank goodness it happened at home close to internet resources. otherwise, i would have been stranded somewhere with 3 young children and no means of starting my car.  view
2004-01-14 Colorado Springs, CO
This is in reference to the audi recall referencing replacement of tires to meet axle weight of vehicle. nhtsa campaign id no #03v143000.tires 225/45 r17 91y were to be replaced by 225/45 r17 94w. in nov 03 took vehicle to the audi phil long dealership in colorado springs to meet compliance per recall letter. dealership took the performance "all season" tires off the vehicle and replaced three tires with 225/45 94w performance "summer" tires and one tire with a 225/45 91y performance summer tire. first by looking at the specs of the tires they installed they partially met the recall criteria. secondly, by choosing to take the original performance "all season" tires off the vehicle in the present winter season and replacing them with a performance "summer" tire without telling me (the consumer) of the type of tires they installed and sending me on my way assuring me that my safety concerns with the recall had been met, both audi usa, and audi phil long dealership configured the vehicle to be unsafe for normal operation. the recall criteria was not met, additionally by taking away the all season tires and replacing them with summer tires in winter season without advising the consumer prior to releasing the vehicle generated a new hazard. as a result the vehicle handling characteristics changed, vehicle did not respond as driver was accustomed prior to recall, and as a result during icy road conditions the vehicle slid and suffered damages. audi usa does not accept responsibility, nor phil long dealership. the recall attempted to meet one hazard, and by the choice of tires chosen as replacement without consideration of vehicle location, and failure to advise consumer of replacement tires specifications and limitations generated a greater hazard.  view
2004-01-14 Denver, CO
Non deployment of air bags in frontal collision in 2000 mercury sable, causing serious bodily injury.  view
comments/
Keywords:
AUDI 80 Comments and Complaints,AUDI 80 Comments and Complaints ID:10313 Safety Comments and Complaints AUDI 80, AUDI 80 Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints, Comments and Complaints AUDI 80, AUDI 80 Comments and Complaints, Vehicle Comments and Complaints AUDI 80, AUDI 80 Comments and Complaints Vehicle, Automotive Comments and Complaints AUDI 80

Page Description:
AUDI Comments and Complaints ID:10313 - Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints Information for AUDI 80

Quick Find

Home  |  Vehicle Recalls  |  Service Bulletins  |  All World B2B