HOME » M » MERKUR » MERKUR » 1983 » Gasoline » comment/complaint
1996-06-24 00:00:00 Burlingame, CA

Engine fire. (attorney for client)

Send us your comment

Email
change MERKUR
Comment Requirements
Email
* Required - We will send a verification link to this email before your comment is posted.
Password
Optional - If you leave many comments and do not want to verify each one individually, put a password in this field. Your first comment will still need to be verified, but after it has you will be able to post comments immediately without having to wait for the verification email from our servers.
Optional - City & State if you live in the US or Canada, City & Country if you live anywhere else
Make / Model / Year
* Required
Image Form Verification
* Required
Password
change MERKUR
Comment    Max Characters: 1000 -- Remaining: 1000
Security Image Enter letters from box to the left

1996-06-24 Burlingame, CA
Engine fire. (attorney for client)  view
1996-04-17 Whitleyvil, TN
Parking brake jumped out, causing truck to jack knife/injury.  view
2003-09-30 Vicksburg, MS
While driving at 25/30 mph air bag clockspring module failed. this resulted in air bag, horn, and cruise control malfunctioning. dealership replaced the clockspring.  view
2003-09-30 Cherry Hill, NJ
Consumer stated that dashboard was detaching from the grill, and it was unsafe to drive. dealer had been notified.  view
2003-09-02 Dana, NC
My daughter was driving our 2002 hyundai elantra when she hit someone from behind. all of the injuries from this accident were minor, but the rear seatbelt became a major concern. our grandson, who is almost 2 years old, was in his carseat in the back seat on the passengers side. his seatbelt did not hold his seat. he and the carseat were thrown forward against the back of the front seat. he had some bruising on his knee and struggled to walk for a day or two and this seems to be the extent of his inbjuries. however, i am concerned about what would happen if this had been a more serious crash. i spoke with the local dealer, hunters chevrolet, and they gave me some crap about sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. it all depended on the amount of enertia the car seat generated when it flew forward. this doesn't sound right or safe to me. also, i am interested in finding out why the driver's airbag did not deploy.  view
2003-09-02 Dana, NC
My daughter was driving our 2002 hyundai elantra when she hit someone from behind. all of the injuries from this accident were minor, but the rear seatbelt became a major concern. our grandson, who is almost 2 years old, was in his carseat in the back seat on the passengers side. his seatbelt did not hold his seat. he and the carseat were thrown forward against the back of the front seat. he had some bruising on his knee and struggled to walk for a day or two and this seems to be the extent of his inbjuries. however, i am concerned about what would happen if this had been a more serious crash. i spoke with the local dealer, hunters chevrolet, and they gave me some crap about sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. it all depended on the amount of enertia the car seat generated when it flew forward. this doesn't sound right or safe to me. also, i am interested in finding out why the driver's airbag did not deploy.  view
2003-09-02 St. Charles, MO
Faulty seatbelts. the belts won't roll up when i release it.  view
2003-09-02 Paso Robles, CA
I have a recall on my 1989 chevrolet corvette and when i took it in to the local chevrolet dealer they said that they do not have that recall. it was the one for the rear suspension.  view
2003-09-02 Starbuck, MN
When attempting to retrain child child safety seat shield popped off without warning.  view
2003-09-02 Temple Hills, MD
Problems with mounts on the sub-frame of vehicle.  view
2003-09-30 Cross Plains, TN
While pulling out of a parking space steering wheel locked up. when this occurred ignition failed to operate which caused the engine to die. there was a consumers satisfaction campaign on this issue. after this occurred, consumer could start the vehicle and drive it but the steering column would be locked. vehicle would move but no steering.  view
2003-09-30 Cross Plains, TN
While pulling out of a parking space steering wheel locked up. when this occurred ignition failed to operate which caused the engine to die. there was a consumers satisfaction campaign on this issue. after this occurred, consumer could start the vehicle and drive it but the steering column would be locked. vehicle would move but no steering.  view
1996-04-17 Valrico, FL
While driver was sitting in car with foot hanging out, transmission slipped into gear, pulled driver out, ran driver over.  view
Consumer stated that dashboard was detaching from the grill, and it was unsafe to drive. dealer has been notified.  view
Consumer stated that the dashboard was detaching from the grill, and it was unsafe to drive. dealer had been notified. ford developed a customer satisfaction program so consumer's affected by this problem could get the vehicle repaired at no cost to them.  view
2003-09-30 Cleveland, OH
Vehicle had a major oil leak due to engine head gasket failure while driving. dealership was aware of the problem. oil was leaking into the engine, causing vehicle to become immobile. vehicle was towed to the dealership for analysis.  view
2003-09-02 Fort Worth, TX
Gl1800 motorcycles have had frame failures while riding. frame appears to fail all around the welds that hold the lower cross member around the bike.  view
2003-09-02 Charleston, SC
Engine light illuminated and the vehicle was driving "rough." dealer determined that the cam chain guide broke, and engine had to be replaced.  view
2003-09-02 Hartly, DE
Intermittently windshield wipers became inoperable, obtructing the driver's view. a recall has been issued on similar makes and models. however this vehicle was not included due to vin.  view
2003-08-26 Saint Louis, MO
Engine was replaced at 87,000 miles under recall for head gasket failure. 30,000 miles later engine head blew up again due to the placement of a helicoil in the re-manufactured engine. this helicoil was present in the re-manufactured engine from the factory. i consider this to be a defect in the re-manufactured engine, as the head should have been machined by the factory not just have a helicoil stuffed in. this iis the cause of the new failure and for refuses to repair.  view
2003-08-26 Carlsbad, CA
On 3 separate occasions the car has completely shut down, losing brakes, steering, power, etc. the 1st at 70 mph on freeway, the 2nd on city st. about 35 mph and the 3rd in my neighborhood at 20 mph. saab has replaced 3 different things. the car is too unpredictable and unsafe for driving.  view
2003-08-26 Carlsbad, CA
On 3 separate occasions the car has completely shut down, losing brakes, steering, power, etc. the 1st at 70 mph on freeway, the 2nd on city st. about 35 mph and the 3rd in my neighborhood at 20 mph. saab has replaced 3 different things. the car is too unpredictable and unsafe for driving.  view
2003-08-26 Charlestown, NH
Vehicle is 2000 chevy silverado 4 wheel drive with approx 50k miles. at slow (under 15 mph) speed coming to a stop driver side front abs engaged and almost hit car in front. at first i thought maybe wet road but it nows does it every morning when coming to a stop at the end of my road dealer said i need to replace front wheel bearing. have an appointment for first week in sept. and will have all parts saved.  view
1996-04-17 Edmore, MI
Design of automatic locking hubs causes them to lock up without warning, causing temproary loss of control/noise.  view
2003-08-26 Charlestown, NH
Vehicle is 2000 chevy silverado 4 wheel drive with approx 50k miles. at slow (under 15 mph) speed coming to a stop driver side front abs engaged and almost hit car in front. at first i thought maybe wet road but it nows does it every morning when coming to a stop at the end of my road dealer said i need to replace front wheel bearing. have an appointment for first week in sept. and will have all parts saved.  view
2003-08-26 South Bend, IN
Cvt transmission on honda civic hx shudders when accelerating from standing stop. affects acceleration. transmission was replaced in 2000 and developed the problem again in 2002.  view
2003-09-24 Alpharetta, GA
Purchased 2003 toyota corolla in october 2002. car is emitting a very noticeable sulfur odor especially when coming to a stop at traffic lights particularly when the engine is cold. i have taken it to the dealer twice and was told the problem is the gasoline i purchase. according to my dealer, some gas stations put an additive in the gas that creates this smell. i have never had this problem with any other car.  view
2003-09-24 South Lyon, MI
While driving at highway speed vehicle stalls without warning.  view
2003-08-26 Greenlawn, NY
Consumer noticed when depressing gas pedal at same time brake pedal was being depressed . manufacturer and dealer had been contacted.  view
2003-08-26 New Orleans, LA
While driving at highway speeds low coolant light on the dashboard illuminated. service mechanic indicated this was due to water in the motor caused by a blowen head gasket.  view
2003-09-24 Cicero, NY
While driving at 45 mph brakes failed without warning, causing vehicle to collide with another vehicle.  view
2003-09-24 Lafayette, LA
Consumer noticed a rotten egg smell coming through air conditioner (a/c) vents, making consumer and passengers sick. the vehicle was tested for high carbon monoxide exhaust. the consumer, husband, any or all passenger including the infant child would feel dizzy, light headed, and nauseas. the consumers infant child would sleep hard and was taken to the emergency room and diagnosed with "co exposure." no one would feel these symptoms any longer when out of the vehicle.  view
2003-09-24 Arlington, MA
While driving at 20 mph, the vehicle caught on fire, smoke and flames came from the dashboard. the dealer replaced all electrical components, but the vehicle still had electrical problems. the electrical system burned out while driving. the lights came on constantly, the air bag light would state the air bag was off, the alarm would go off constantly in the driveway, when the brakes were off, the vehicle beeped. the dealer claimed they were unable to find anything wrong.  view
2003-09-24 North Edwards, CA
There is a problem with oil leaking from the cylinder base gasket. the oil leak problem was repaired under warranty and started to leak again in the same location. (at the cylinder base gasket) there were problems with the starter clutch. the gasket had to be replaced twice to stop the leak due to a gasket design that had been improved. the dealer stated that the leak should stop and never return. (model-dr650se)  view
1996-04-17 Clifton Pa, NY
Car rocks violently.  view
2003-09-24 North Edwards, CA
There is a problem with oil leaking from the cylinder base gasket. the oil leak problem was repaired under warranty and started to leak again in the same location. (at the cylinder base gasket) there were problems with the starter clutch. the gasket had to be replaced twice to stop the leak due to a gasket design that had been improved. the dealer stated that the leak should stop and never return. (model-dr650se)  view
2003-09-24 Niagara Falls, NY
Vehicle was repaired under recall#00v421002 concerning lower ball joint boot. a problem was found with the lower ball joint after the repairs were done, and the ball joints have to be replaced again.  view
2003-08-26 Oak Lawn, IL
The rotors were warping and caused the brakes to wear prematurely. the dealer was notified. the transmission displayed slipping and there was a flat spot on the tire(s).  view
2003-08-26 Oak Lawn, IL
The rotors were warping and caused the brakes to wear prematurely. the dealer was notified. the transmission displayed slipping and there was a flat spot on the tire(s).  view
2003-08-26 Sumner, IA
Consumer called complaining about hydraulic brake problems. the consumer had taken the wheel off and the problem was the hose from the hydraulic brakes. the manufacturer or dealer were not contacted at the time of this call. age and heat may have caused the hose to expand inward because of the clamp support around it, because it did not expand outward which shut off the normal flow of brake fluid. the vehicle did not brake evenly for three years prior to the problem , but now with the new hoses, the vehicle now brakes as designed.  view
2003-08-26 Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
When applying pressure to the brake pedal pedal goes down to the floor, and the vehicle doesn't stop immediately. dealer cannot determine the cause of problem.  view
2003-08-26 Gloucester, MA
When first starting the vehicle in the morning it vehicle idles high a couple of times and shakes, then the vehicle is fine. dealer cannot determine the cause of the problem.  view
2003-08-26 Belle Terre, NY
Bracket that holds power steering pump to the engine broke off when the vehicle was in reverse.  view
2003-09-24 Spring, TX
While driving at normal speed consumer's vehicle was involved in a front collision and neither of the air bags deployed, and driver's seat belt did not hold the driver. no air bag warning light appeared prior to collision.  view
2003-09-24 Spring, TX
While driving at normal speed consumer's vehicle was involved in a front collision and neither of the air bags deployed, and driver's seat belt did not hold the driver. no air bag warning light appeared prior to collision.  view
1996-04-17 Madera, CA
Engine fire.  view
2003-09-24 Taylors, SC
While driving left front tire blew out without warning. dealer notified.  view
2003-09-24 Pekin, IL
Manual transmission went for the 3rd time. dealer won't honor warrenty. states that that car was abused.  view
2003-09-24 Gardnerville, NV
Honda aero (vt1100-c3) shifter guide plug oil leak  view
2003-09-24 Collegeville, PA
When car is coming to a stop the transmission/engine rumbles. it has been this way for a couple of years (every day) but on the 2 occassions i took it to the dealership they could not find anything.  view
2003-09-24 Bowie, MD
Since i purhcased my 2002 durango slt in march of 2002. we have had nothing but problems. the air conditioning had to be repaired twice along with the lumbar. our truck breaks down on a holiday weekend. we had to rent a car for two weeks until it was repaired. the transfer case was in shambles. it was covered under warranty, but we had to pay the 853.80, because daimler chrysler refuses to pay. the truck is a year 1/2 old that type of problem should not have happened and yet i still have to pay for another 3 and 1/2 years. this is a $30k truck. it's definately not worth it. will never purchase or recommend for anyone to buy.  view
2003-08-26 Scotch Plains, NJ
Consumer was having the same problems as mentined in recall 00v119000 concerning sliding door latch. dealer would not repair because the vin was not included.  view
2003-08-26 Des Moines, IA
Abs module is not pumping brake fluid, causing extended stopping distance.  view
2003-08-26 Grand Prairie, TX
Century model # 41422cbx; the child seat (css) carrying handle released from the locked position, while infant was being carried.also, harness straps didn't hold. this resulted in the infant falling out of the css.  view
2003-08-26 Stockton, CA
Consumer is having the same problem as mentioned in recall on windshield wipers. recall number unknown. dealer would not repair because the vin was not included.  view
2003-09-30 Thomaston, GA
Outer right rear and front tires tread separated while driving at 60 mph. there was a loud rattling sound. the consumer checked the tires twice as the tread was separating from the inside of the tire and the consumer saw nothing. when the vehicle was in motion again, the tire blew out. there was no tread on the tire at the time.  view
1996-04-12 North Canton, OH
Consumer was driving during dry weather when applied the abs brakes and car skidded and rolled over. please describe .  view
2003-09-30 Thomaston, GA
Outer right rear and front tires tread separated while driving at 60 mph. there was a loud rattling sound. the consumer checked the tires twice as the tread was separating from the inside of the tire and the consumer saw nothing. when the vehicle was in motion again, the tire blew out. there was no tread on the tire at the time.  view
2003-09-01 Burbank, IL
I have serious electrical malfunction with my 2002 nissan xterra. the electrical short causes my amp to blow and stereo to die. i have brought my truck in over 7 times ( in dealership's serv dept for exact same problem) and my truck has been "out of service" for 23 days ( in dealership's serv dept as we speak) since the problem originally occurred.there has never been a problem found w/in my electrical system or stereo, only amps and fuses replaced (7 times and counting).  view
2003-09-01 Lansdale, PA
Driver traveling in 2003 honda civic at about 40 mph; other driver (in a ford minivan) coming from opposite direction made illegal turn in front of civic causing collision; civic collided with front passenger wheel of the minivan, folding the wheel under; hit brakes on civic but considerable damage to both vehicles (approximately $6000 on the civic); air bag did not deploy on the civic.  view
2003-09-01 Kent, WA
The rear window is not able to be fully cleaned. the bottom 1/4 is not able to reached causing poor visibility out of window. window appears to be foggy and is worse in hot weather.  view
2003-09-01 Perry, GA
I bought a volvo s80 in january 2003. both of the headlight glass assemblies have cracked from no apparent impact. the first was in april, and the second in august. i beleive there is a headlight assembly defect. i live in a very hot climate, and the heat may crack the glass.  view
2003-09-30 Youngstown, OH
Consumer noticed after the vehicle had been sitting for three weeks, the brake rotors corroded. the technician was unable to turn the rotors.  view
2003-09-30 Melrose, MA
Ignition switch failed, causing vehicle to shut off while driving. a recall was issued; however this vehicle was not included due to vin.  view
2003-09-30 Greenwood, IN
The strap that went through the bottom of the seat came all the way through. the child was not secure.  view
2003-09-30 Alabaster, AL
Driver's side rear tire is showing premature failure (continental tire, p27560r17 . tires were so out of round that they couldn't be balanced. the consumer purchased a replacement tire from continental and the tread was shaved about 18 inches to make it more round. the consumer fears separation may occur.  view
2003-09-30 Alabaster, AL
Driver's side rear tire is showing premature failure (continental tire, p27560r17 . tires were so out of round that they couldn't be balanced. the consumer purchased a replacement tire from continental and the tread was shaved about 18 inches to make it more round. the consumer fears separation may occur.  view
1996-04-12 Commerce, GA
While driving, cruise control malfunctioned, when resumed, overpowering brakes, upon application, and would not disengage.  view
2003-09-02 Marysville, WA
99 ford mustang gt oth front seatbelts do not retract back into reel. need to be fed back into reel.ar stalls sometimes for no reason on highway.  view
2003-06-23 Silver Spring, MD
Consumer stated the passenger rear tire tread separated, following a loud noise, tire was not flat. the drivers rear experienced tread delamination. the tires were in great shape and showed less than 50% tread wear. (large portions of the tread separated from the tires and exposed the steel belts) the tires were noisy and out of balance. they were still under warranty and the consumer requested a refund. (one tire lost tread and held air, and the other lost tread and had gone flat) the consumer replaced all five tires at his expense.  view
2003-06-23 Silver Spring, MD
Consumer stated the passenger rear tire tread separated, following a loud noise, tire was not flat. the drivers rear experienced tread delamination. the tires were in great shape and showed less than 50% tread wear. (large portions of the tread separated from the tires and exposed the steel belts) the tires were noisy and out of balance. they were still under warranty and the consumer requested a refund. (one tire lost tread and held air, and the other lost tread and had gone flat) the consumer replaced all five tires at his expense.  view
2003-09-01 Visalia, CA
I have had two carlisle tire failures on my weekend warrior 3705 slc 5th wheel trialer. on the first one i noticed the tread separating from the side wall before it actually blew out. carlisle replaced it at10% cost to me. the second blew out while i was pulling. they are 22575r15's.  view
2003-09-01 El Paso, TX
1195 ford mustang-head gaskets cracked at 35,000 miles--common problem with other mustangs of same and other years.  view
2003-09-30 Fort Lauderdale, FL
While driving at 35 mph vehicle lost brake and steering power. this occurred because the timing belt jumped, and the engine seized up because of an oil jellying problem in the engine, per dealership.  view
2003-09-02 New Britain, CT
Brake pedal went to the floor without warning. red brake caution light was observed only after the failure.there was no braking power. i had to drive home slowly with use of parking brake. i observed a large amount of brake fluid dripping from the area in front of the drivers side rear wheel. with the car jacked up, upon closer inspection, i observed that there was a section of the brake line rusted, corroded and wet from brake fluid. there was a hole in the brake line as it may have rubbed a hole in the brake line due to close contact with the frame. i further observed a small piece of black cloth electrical tape under the affected brake line failure. i also observed that that there was a pink color paint on the rubber donut that is used between the frame and body and that there was a the same color pink (dot the size of a quarter) painted on the center of the drivers rear side brake disk. this possbily donotes that there was a dealer update in the past. this was done without my knowledge as i have all the repair slips since. service dealer disavows any knowledge of past problems despite the documents that were provided to them. i was advised that i would have to get the car to the dealer and pay a $85.00 charge before being provided a estimate to repair. i have take several digital photos of the affected area and another area of the brake line that had been rubbing against a sharp edge of the frame but has not yet failed. i also observed that the compression rubber donut that is used to keep vibration, noise and comfort on the passenger side had been painted with the same pink color and that the paint was covered with two pieces of black cloth tape. from my research the police, taxi vehicles of the same my 95-97 had the same problems and had been brought back to the dealer for correction however the consumer vehicles have not been corrected.  view
2003-09-02 Maryville, TN
This tire completely shredded.  view
2003-09-02 Maryville, TN
This tire completely shredded.  view
2003-09-02 Elk Grove, CA
The remote door locks on my 1999 chevrolet astro van have stopped working. they have also stopped on my fathers 1996 astro. there appears to be a problem with the remote door locks on the astro functioning properly. the do not open or lock with the remote device. since door locks are an integral part of passenger safety i think the nhtsa should investigate.  view
1996-04-12 Auburn, WA
While driving, at approx. 25mph, a bolt fell out of upper control arm, causing loss of control, hitting a gaurd rail.  view
2003-09-30 Otway, OH
I have a 2002 ford f150 that has headlights going off while driving. i have had it repaired only for it to reoccur. this is not a minor problem to me and the dealership that i purchased it from is unable to make a service appointment for a week. i have another vehicle but not everyone has that privelege and i have decided to service it at another location. maybe my vehicle is the only one and it is just something that happened. but i am concerned for my safety. thank you for allowing me to voice my concern. llc  view
2003-09-30 Peabody, , MA
Right wheel bearings went before 25000 miles left wheel bearings went at approximately 27000 miles  view
2003-09-30 Levittown, NY
1996 mazda 626 78,000 o/d light blink after app 30 minutes of driving car starts to slip. check engene light comes on after app 45 minutes. gas pedal sticks on take off usually lossens up when driving. was told repairs will top 3,000 cant afford!  view
2003-09-30 Levittown, NY
1996 mazda 626 78,000 o/d light blink after app 30 minutes of driving car starts to slip. check engene light comes on after app 45 minutes. gas pedal sticks on take off usually lossens up when driving. was told repairs will top 3,000 cant afford!  view
2003-09-30 Levittown, NY
2003-09-30 Aynor, SC
Consumer stated when depressing the brakes brake pedal traveled to the floorboard, causing vehicle to vibrate.  view
2003-09-30 Ogema, MN
While traveling 40 mph and without any indication, the driver's air bag deployed. dealer had been contacted. the consumer was knocked out for about three seconds and was burned.  view
2003-09-30 Hanford, CA
The consumer stated when he raised the vehicle using a jack, it collapsed which caused the vehicle to fall to the ground.  view
2003-09-30 Morenci, MI
Headlight switch would overheat and would cause the headlights to flicker off and on. consumer had managed to pull over, and tried to flick headlights back on.  view
2003-09-30 Los Angeles, CA
Consumer noticed while traveling air bag indicator light stayed on. dealer had been contacted, technician could not duplicate problem.  view
1996-04-12 Rushville, IN
While stopping was rearended by vehicle traveling 25 mph down incline; forced vehicle 1 into vehicle in front; dual airbags did not deploy.  view
2003-09-02 Shirley, ME
I have had 3 broken brackets on my running lights since i bought my 2002 chevrolet avalanche. but since i have 62,000 mile on it it has now become my problem. in order to replace the brackets you have to replace the whole light. which i have done 6 months after i received the truck for the sum of $70.00. now i need to replace both lights for the sum of $100. apiece. i feel this is a design defect and chevy should take care of it. also my check enigine light has been going on once a month for three months and that seems to be my problem to. i bought the truck in worcester mass. and have since moved to maine and have to travel 300 miles to bring it back to the dealer just to be told by chevy that it is my problem. i want the consumers to beware that just because you pay $37,000 for a truck doesn't mean that the manufacuter will stick by them.  view
2003-09-02 Mechanicsville, VA
Both headlight lens assemblies have become cloudy/hazy, so the light emitted is greatly reduced, creating an unsafe driving condition. replacement cost is $400 plus labor. i feel ford should cover this, as the assemblies are obviously defective, and this is a safety issue.  view
2003-09-02 Norway, ME
While drving at any speed over bumps or potholes vehicle would make a cracking noise, and would move left and right, causing driver to lose control.  view
2003-09-30 Brigham City, UT
Jack collapsed when tire was being changed. the jack couldn't hold the weight of the vehicle. there was a recall to replace the jack with a stronger one, but consumer was never notified of it until the jack broke. consumer spoke with three different dealers who agreed the jack should be replaced. one agreed to replaced it if the consumer pays the $50.00 warranty deductible. consumer think the jack couldn't hold the lincoln but may hold a ford focus. michelin stated since the tire was driven until flat, it wasn't under warranty. since they couldn't match the tires, all four were replaced with big o with a 100,000 mile unlimited warranty. michelin,firestone and possibly lincoln has lost the consumer as a consumer.  view
2003-09-30 Roanoke Rapids, NC
Problems with seat tensioner and automatics doors malfunctioning. air bag light remains on, as a result consumer has had the seatbelt tensioner and airbag module replaced. automatic doors have also malfunctioned and has been reprogramed.  view
2003-09-30 Roanoke Rapids, NC
Problems with seat tensioner and automatics doors malfunctioning. air bag light remains on, as a result consumer has had the seatbelt tensioner and airbag module replaced. automatic doors have also malfunctioned and has been reprogramed.  view
2003-09-02 Minneapolis, MN
I noticed grease on the garage floor near the left front tire. took to dealer for assessment and learned that i need new rack and pinion steering -- with only 17,000 miles on the 2002 dodge caravan! i have been told not to drive the vehicle much in the next two days, and they will replace the r&p steering at that time.what if i hadn't paid close attention to the grease near my tire????  view
2003-09-02 Valparaiso, IN
While turning around corners vehicle would shake, making it difficult for consumer to control the vehicle. driver had contacted dealer on three separate occasions, and problem was still recurring.  view
2003-09-02 Old Bridge, NJ
I own a ion 2003, when we purchased the car we also purchase the plastic window guards from the dealer. i had problems with the back door, the two parts making up the door were separating at top of window. they try to gluing, it didn't work, then they try something else and it did work, and finnally they order a new part. when they install the new part, they removed the plastic guard fron the window and said they will replace it at the next oil change. well the next oil change came a they not only did not replace the window guard but they removed the guard from the other window!!!!they stated the guard was the caused of the problem. now i want to know are the doors safe. my wife place my grand child in the back seat. is there a bigger problem with the doors ????  view
2003-09-02 Charlotte, NC
I am never notified regarding any recalls that have occurred as it relates to my vehicle. i happen to be having my car serviced and then find out that several months to years have pasted and there was a recall. would like to know why? i am told my gm that you are responsible for these notifications to consumers. my vehicle is a 97, pontiac grand am. please advise.  view
1996-04-17 Hummelstow, PA
Power steering belt tensioner locked up, causing noise when turning.  view
2003-09-02 New Britain, CT
Driver stopped at toll booth to pay toll and saw smoke coming from rear of vehicle. consumer got out of vehicle to investigate where the smoke was coming from, and determined that vehicle caught on fire from the exhaust.driver had vehicle towed to the dealership.  view
2003-09-30 Norwalk, CA
Consumer called complaining about stability problems. vehicle would not resist if there was a strong wind, vehicle would come out of the road or consumer could easily lose control. also, steering wheel was sensitive. manufacturer was contacted, and stated that there were five trucks in the market that were designed that way, and consumer owned one of them, but there was nothing that they could do.  view
2003-09-30 Taft, TX
General, grabber aw, size# p275/60r17, dot# adto-44t-449 . these tires were recalled, and manufacturer refused to honorthe recall.  view
2003-09-02 Bennington, VT
The headlights and dashboard lights flickered intermittently while driving at night. dealer kept the vehicle for two weeks, however the problem continued. there was a squeaking noise only when the steering wheel was turned to the left. the suspension link was replaced. the service engine soon light illuminated on the vehicle and the ignition control module was replaced. the driver side window skipped when being rolled down. the right rear brake light bulb had burned out, the windshield wipers went across the window half way before it squirted any spray and then scratched the windshield.  view
2003-09-30 Boise, ID
While driving with headlights on they would flicker off and on intermittently. this would cause poor visibility for the driver at night. had taken vehicle to dealership, and mechanic could not locate the cause of the problem.  view
2003-09-30 Cicero, IL
While driving at 30 mph and without warning engine would stall, causing the consumer to pull over. also, brakes were not working properly.  view
2003-09-30 Cicero, IL
While driving at 30 mph and without warning engine would stall, causing the consumer to pull over. also, brakes were not working properly.  view
2003-09-30 Rabun Gap, GA
The convertible child safety seat buckle will intermittently disconnect from the latch in the child seat. on several occasions consumer had checked on the child to find the child not secured in the seat.  view
2003-09-30 Rabun Gap, GA
The convertible child safety seat buckle will intermittently disconnect from the latch in the child seat. on several occasions consumer had checked on the child to find the child not secured in the seat.  view
2003-09-02 Anoka, MN
While driving at 30 mph vehicle shut off without warning. causing driver to lose control. consumer contacted the dealer on three separate occasions, but problem is still recurring.  view
comments/
Keywords:
MERKUR MERKUR Comments and Complaints,MERKUR MERKUR Comments and Complaints ID:14176 Safety Comments and Complaints MERKUR MERKUR, MERKUR MERKUR Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints, Comments and Complaints MERKUR MERKUR, MERKUR MERKUR Comments and Complaints, Vehicle Comments and Complaints MERKUR MERKUR, MERKUR MERKUR Comments and Complaints Vehicle

Page Description:
MERKUR MERKUR Comments and Complaints ID:14176 - Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints Information for MERKUR MERKUR

Quick Find

Home  |  Vehicle Recalls  |  Service Bulletins  |  All World B2B