CHRYSLER CHILD LOVE SEAT User Comment / Complaint

CHRYSLER CHILD LOVE SEAT User Comment / Complaint

HOME » C » CHRYSLER » CHILD LOVE SEAT » year - n/a » Retractor » comment/complaint
2003-01-03 00:00:00 Jacksonville, FL

Internal mechanical failure of integrated child safety seat, right hand side. the cable assembly in the seat module has failed. this cable assembly locks the retractable shoulder belts. the cable hooks directly to the latch plate and when the belt buckle is connected to the latch plate the plate's forward movement pulls the cable causing the shoulder belt's retractor to lock. this cable connection has separated from the latch plate (cable end is also frayed with three strands left on it's end), rendering the shoulder belts, retractor assembly unlockable. this is a very unsafe condition for any childs life if vehicle is in an accident and shoulder belts do not restrain the child in the seat like is supossed to. left hand icss also has a problem with the seat cushion pivot frame which is twisted at left attached point. dealer says there is no warranty coverage. that the seat modules need to be replaced and costs on an estimate of $1,300+. i, refuse to pay any amount when my gut feeling is that chrysler has put out these icss which are having the same problem i'm having now for a few years now. chrysler on 01/02/03 told me that if i pay the first $800+ that they would pay the remaining difference. now, to me this is like saying yes, we know we have problems with these icss so we are willing to help. well, after reading so many like complaints about these icss, i feel that chrysler should realize that every time a child is placed in their "chrysler" icss that the child's life is in their hands. they need to own-up to flaws of engineering and fix these seats so that we the customer can trust in their product.. any information you could provide, i would appreciate it. respectfully, severino l. rodriguez

Send us your comment

Email
change CHRYSLER
Comment Requirements
Email
* Required - We will send a verification link to this email before your comment is posted.
Password
Optional - If you leave many comments and do not want to verify each one individually, put a password in this field. Your first comment will still need to be verified, but after it has you will be able to post comments immediately without having to wait for the verification email from our servers.
Optional - City & State if you live in the US or Canada, City & Country if you live anywhere else
Make / Model / Year
* Required
Image Form Verification
* Required
Password
change CHILD LOVE SEAT
Comment    Max Characters: 1000 -- Remaining: 1000
Security Image Enter letters from box to the left

comments/
Keywords:
CHRYSLER CHILD LOVE SEAT Comments and Complaints,CHRYSLER CHILD LOVE SEAT Comments and Complaints ID:16501 Safety Comments and Complaints CHRYSLER CHILD LOVE SEAT, CHRYSLER CHILD LOVE SEAT Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints

Page Description:
CHRYSLER CHILD LOVE SEAT Comments and Complaints ID:16501 - Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints Information for CHRYSLER CHILD LOVE SEAT

Quick Find

Home  |  Vehicle Recalls  |  Service Bulletins  |  All World B2B