AMERICAN MOTORS AMERICAN MOTORS User Comment / Complaint

AMERICAN MOTORS AMERICAN MOTORS User Comment / Complaint

HOME » A » AMERICAN MOTORS » AMERICAN MOTORS » year - n/a » Engine » comment/complaint
1995-10-19 00:00:00 Irving, TX

Blown head gasket, causing overheating (3rd vehicle from 471548).

Send us your comment

Email
change AMERICAN MOTORS
Comment Requirements
Email
* Required - We will send a verification link to this email before your comment is posted.
Password
Optional - If you leave many comments and do not want to verify each one individually, put a password in this field. Your first comment will still need to be verified, but after it has you will be able to post comments immediately without having to wait for the verification email from our servers.
Optional - City & State if you live in the US or Canada, City & Country if you live anywhere else
Make / Model / Year
* Required
Image Form Verification
* Required
Password
change AMERICAN MOTORS
Comment    Max Characters: 1000 -- Remaining: 1000
Security Image Enter letters from box to the left

1995-10-19 Irving, TX
Blown head gasket, causing overheating (3rd vehicle from 471548).  view
1995-06-07 Hayesville, NC
Seat belt released during an accident,driver was thrown approximately 50 feet from vehicle, resulting in a fatality.  view
2001-08-13 Epworth, GA
Vehicle downshifted from a low gear to a high gear normally between speeds of 55-60mph. vehicle jerked back and forth and lurched consumer forward. vehicle has been to dealer 4 times for a problem that they cannot fix.consumer barely got home after returning from dealer.  view
2002-07-01 Frederick, MD
Airbag light remains on constantly. vehicle was checked by dealership and problem not repaired.  view
2002-07-01 Hastings, MN
When applying brake under normal braking situations there is extended braking distance. front rotors have been replaced 3 times, and calipers once. please add further deatails.  view
2002-07-01 Hastings, MN
When applying brake under normal braking situations there is extended braking distance. front rotors have been replaced 3 times, and calipers once. please add further deatails.  view
2002-07-01 Detroit, MI
Ongoing problem with lower servo unit keeps failing, unit has been replaced on five separate occasions in manual transmission. failed unit caused severe vibration and slippages while driving. dealer notified. feel free to provide any further information concerning this matter.  view
2002-07-01 Corona, CA
Vehicle is leaking coolant due to a crackin the radiator. contacted dealer, and dealer is not willing to do anything.  view
2002-07-01 Tucson, AZ
While starting vehicle, would continue to restart by itself until consumer switched ignition switch to accessories. started to stop, but sparks and smoke were coming from the steering column, the back of consumers pants were on fire. dealer and manufacturer were notified.. consumer stated the igniton was recalled, and consumer suffered 2nd degree burns.  view
2002-07-01 Willoughby, OH
Excessive loss of engine coolant while driving. dealer was not notified at this time. feel free to provide any further information.  view
2002-07-01 Lima, OH
Abs pump modular is defective, there is no abs braking.  view
2002-07-01 Clifton Park, NY
While in motion vehicle overheated due to a head gasket failure. dealership did inform owner that ford had some sort of service to repair mustang for head gasket failure. please describe details.  view
1995-06-07 Hayesville, NC
Brakes locked up, causing vehicle to lose control/skid.  view
2002-07-01 Big Lake, MN
While opening hatch window shattered, falling on consumer's face. cause unknown. dealer will be contacted.  view
2002-07-01 Henderson, TN
While driving headlights go out, making it hard for consumer to see, and could cause an accident. cause unknown. dealer notified.  view
2002-07-01 Howell, NJ
While buckling infant in harness buckle plate severed.  view
2002-07-01 Patchogue, NY
Consumer received recall 02v076000 notification regarding seat belt failure. dealer was notified, consumer set an appointment to have services rendered. while taking vehicle to dealer, mechanic stated parts were no longer available consumer had to reset appointment.  view
2002-07-01 Austin, TX
While driving at 50mph consumer was involved in a frontal collison. upon impact, air bags failed to deploy.  view
2002-07-01 Rochester, NY
At 55mph motor started to smoke and could have caused a fire. cause unknown. dealer notified.  view
2002-07-01 Rowaland Hieghts, CA
When braking vehicle jolts and vibrates. cause is unknown. please provide any further information.  view
2002-07-01 Putnam Valley, NY
Britax model # e900216; shoulder straps keep getting stuck as parent puts child in/out of child seat. parents states that release button for loosening straps failed to disengage. parent indicated child has sufficated due to straps getting tight/stuck. please describe details.  view
2002-07-01 Salinas, CA
Torque converter assembly has a grove in it that causes seal to fail, resulting in loss of transmission fuel. transmission overheated, almost causing a fire.  view
2002-07-01 Salinas, CA
Torque converter assembly has a grove in it that causes seal to fail, resulting in loss of transmission fuel. transmission overheated, almost causing a fire.  view
1996-03-07 Stratham, NH
Truck shifts out of gear, causing engine to race.  view
2002-08-13 Rochester, NY
Right front coil sprint broke. a broken end gouged the inside sidewall of the tire, making a potentially dangerous situation.  view
2002-08-13 Monroe, LA
The car engine stops suddenly at various speeeds. after stopping completely, it will restart. it has no warning and has stopped suddenly at 65 mph on interstate. extremely dangerous. dealer was informed and did not know the problem. had to take to a non-dealer to determine that the problem was the faulty ignition switch.  view
2001-08-13 Sugarland, TX
Driver experienced a tire blowout. driver managed to regained control of vehicle. tire size p23575r15.  view
2001-08-13 Troy, NY
While driving 55 mph rearended another vehicle. upon impact, airbags did not deploy, and seat belt did not work. consumer hit her head on steering wheel,sustaining facial injuries. damage to front end of vehicle was $ 9000.00.  view
2001-08-13 Troy, NY
While driving 55 mph rearended another vehicle. upon impact, airbags did not deploy, and seat belt did not work. consumer hit her head on steering wheel,sustaining facial injuries. damage to front end of vehicle was $ 9000.00.  view
2001-08-13 Lougoff, SC
Shield arm attachment to frame of the child safety seat had came out while driving with child in it. spring had popped out for no reason.  view
2001-08-13 Myrtle Beach, SC
While driving 55 mph heard a loud bang, then, rear of the vehicle dropped on the tires. rear bumper was only 6-8 inches off the ground. no accident. vehicle not at dealer yet.  view
2001-08-13 Warren, OH
Power steering pump has been replaced three times within a three year period. pump leaked power steering fluid, causing loss of power steering control. please give any further details.  view
2001-08-13 Daly City, CA
Company owns 23 vans. 14 of them are ford econolines. almost all of them have the same problem with the defroster which costs abour $600.00 to fix. also, the rear hubcaps on this van keeps falling off because the clips to keep them in place are plastic.  view
2002-08-13 Elkview, WV
While driving, consumer came upon some black ice, consumer lost control of the vehicle and hit a concrete barrier head on, the impact was so hard that it pushed the front end of the vehicle in about 2 feet, however the driver side air bag failed to deploy, consumer suffered neck and back trauma.  view
1996-03-07 Charlottes, VA
Horn buttons too small/hard to locate quickly.  view
2001-08-13 Daly City, CA
Company owns 23 vans. 14 of them are ford econolines. almost all of them have the same problem with the defroster which costs abour $600.00 to fix. also, the rear hubcaps on this van keeps falling off because the clips to keep them in place are plastic.  view
2002-07-01 White Bear Twp, MN
Crack in windshield that appears to be a flaw in factory glass.  view
2002-07-01 Falls City, NE
I went to firestone in st. joe, mo and had my air conditioning recharged after 9 years of driving my van. they told me that i needed to replace a hose on the front of the vechical and that they needed to then add freon to the system. that was in july 19, 2001. it didn't seem as cold as it had before but it was ok. then when i needed the air this summer i had none. they said that the hose that they installed they latter were told wouldn't hold the pressure (i think) but that now sence it was over 6 months they wouldn't or couldn't do anything. it cost me $304.07. they say that you people knew about this problem. what the hell is going on?  view
2002-07-01 Streamwood, IL
Wanted to know about any front subframe problems, car makes a clicking noise when braking like something is loose and when hitting dips or potholes front end sounds like it is going to to fall out. replaced front struts 06/27/02 still have same problem.  view
2002-07-01 Streamwood, IL
Wanted to know about any front subframe problems, car makes a clicking noise when braking like something is loose and when hitting dips or potholes front end sounds like it is going to to fall out. replaced front struts 06/27/02 still have same problem.  view
2002-07-01 Curtice, OH
I was hit by a semi truck who rad a red light on a two way hwy the passenger side was turned off. he hit the passenger side and there was hardly anything left of the front of the truck and he was going over 55 mph and my airbag didn't go off. i notified ford by email and they were not concerned said there wasnothing was.  view
2002-08-13 Santa Clara, CA
I bought 2002 jetta from sunnyvale volkswagen this april and last week i came to know that a recall on the abs control unit (nhtsa campaign id: 02v031000) applies to my model. i immediately contacted volkswagen of america, inc. if my car has the defective abs unit or not but they said they had no idea. they said they cannot tell from vin or all the information i provided to them. i contacted them again to confirm if what they had told me was correct or not and they admitted my car still has the defective abs control unit. the recall date was 02/04/2002 so sunnyvale volkswagen must have known that my car had the defective abs unit when they sold it to me. the defect not only decreased my car's resell value but also put my my life in danger. when i asked david bousheh, the sale associate assigned to me, about 'safety first', he said "like, like, seatbelt". that's it. maybe he just wanted to skip the subject because of the abs unit. i did not buy it if i was informed of the recall that can result in a fire. my car was on sale and according to one of the managers (his name is saiid, not sure about spelling), they had 3 jetta's on sale so i think there are two more jetta owners that probably do not know about the recall. all owners should receive recall notice no matter when they buy a car, before or after the recall date. dealerships like sunnyvale volkswagen put car owners and other drivers' lives in danger. also, customer support people at volkswagen of america, inc. need more training (i'm assuming they didn't give me false information knowingly).  view
2002-08-09 Staten Island, NY
Key lock was not releasing keys from the ignition, it was stuck. contacted dealer, they could not get key out either. had to replace key lock.key being in ignition was drainning battery. this was a common problem.  view
2002-08-09 Staten Island, NY
Key lock was not releasing keys from the ignition, it was stuck. contacted dealer, they could not get key out either. had to replace key lock.key being in ignition was drainning battery. this was a common problem.  view
2002-08-09 Los Vegas, NV
Brake pedal keeps going to the floor, when brakes are applied, it appears as if brakes are gone. contacted dealer. this is a common problem. consumer also stated the brakes were squeaking.  view
1996-03-07 Glendora, CA
Brakes failed twice, once resulting in loss of control/accident.  view
2002-08-09 Old Forge, NY
While driving at 20/35mph consumer was involved in a head on collison and none of the air bags deployed, vehicle was totalled. there were 2 injuries.  view
2002-08-09 Garland, TX
While driving vehicle will decrease in speed while applying gas. contacted dealer. transmission was slipping, had part replaced, but problem reoccurred. 8jb  view
2002-08-09 Garland, TX
While driving vehicle will decrease in speed while applying gas. contacted dealer. transmission was slipping, had part replaced, but problem reoccurred. 8jb  view
2002-08-09 Bessemer City, NC
Rear seat belt retractor tightened pinning child in seat when trying to release child from selt belt .  view
2002-08-09 Middleburg, PA
Vehicle experiencing same problem with abs brakes as stated in recall 99 v 193 000. but this vehicle was not included in recall due to vin.  view
2002-08-09 Fairfield, CA
While driving about 25mph back end dropped. mechanic stated that it was defective suspension, and possibly came that way from manufacturer. no injuries in this accident.  view
2002-06-20 Gayes, NC
Engine check ligt comes on for no reason. has been looked at 5 times in the past year. i recently paid $526.00 because the ford repair shop said the sensor was bad. engine check light still comes on for no reason. need help in determining if there is a silet recall or any type of recall making this situation occur.  view
2002-08-09 El Cajon, CA
While traveling on the highway without prior warning power steering failed.  view
2002-08-09 Johntown, PA
While driving at 50mph and coming to a stop, the vehicle had extended stopping distance which caused the brakes to vibrate. also the consumer stated that the antilock brakes activated when coming to a slow stop on dry pavement. the van was taken to suppes ford of johnstown pa who replaced the right front exciter ring. (excellent short form)  view
2002-08-09 Johntown, PA
While driving at 50mph and coming to a stop, the vehicle had extended stopping distance which caused the brakes to vibrate. also the consumer stated that the antilock brakes activated when coming to a slow stop on dry pavement. the van was taken to suppes ford of johnstown pa who replaced the right front exciter ring. (excellent short form)  view
1995-06-07 Washington, DC
Front motor mounts sheared off engine jumped and bashed inside of hood.  view
2002-08-09 Charleston, WV
While driving 25mph had extended stopping distance, and replaced rotors every 10,000 miles.  view
2002-08-09 Charleston, WV
While driving 25mph had extended stopping distance, and replaced rotors every 10,000 miles.  view
2002-08-09 Summit, MO
Consumer was approaching an intersection and applied the brakes but the vehicle continued to move forward, as a result the vehicle collided with another vehicle, during this accident the air bags failed to deploy, the seat belt also failed to properly restrain the driver and as a result the drive was thrown into the windshield shattering it, the driver sustained injuries to the head.  view
2002-08-12 Missouri City, TX
Vehicle has been in multiple dealerships, in tx and in ar and still nothing has been fixed. the suspension had been replaced due to bent struts faulty shocks. the brakes have been redone on 4 seperate occassions and still squeal and grind. the transmission lasted 6 months this time and is being replaced as i type. there is a wierd metal noise coming from the from right side on acceleration. all of the recalls have been completed. did have a burning smell which the dealership could not duplicate. excessive wind noise from the driver side window. which the dealership blames on aftermarket wiring. which would have nothing to do with the wind noise. the car now sways on the freeway as if the wind is pushing the car around when there is no wind. everyone that we speak to cannot help me. the people will pull the car up on oasis and that make comments like "oh my god" and "i have never seen any focuses with this many problems" i was a loyal ford person. i own numerous fords. including a 94 cobra, 97 expedition, 86 svo, 67 gt390, and numerous others and this is very discouraging. the fuel pump has been replaced and on a recent trip i had to do 3 tuneups on the car just to get where i was going. oil was leaking into the spark plug holes from somewhere. the car surges to no end. it is just unbelievable. the car has been to various dealerships and mechanic shops 20+ times and is still messed up. i am just glad i got the 100k mile warranty. i would like ford to buy me out of this piece. i cannot afford to trade it in. my girlfriend is a ft student. so we are surviving on my income alone. any help would be appreciated  view
2002-06-20 Upper Marlboro, MD
While in traffic on the highway, the engine died without any warning. dealer serviced the vehicle on 04/15/2002 because of difficulties in starting the engine. failure of the engine while in traffic of 60+ mph placed myself and a passenger in great peril because i was unable to put the car on the shoulder when the engine died with the car in a traffic lane. i want to know if bmw has experienced similar problems with other new models and what is going to be done to prevent another occurrence. the car is only a few months old.  view
2002-06-20 Lincoln, NE
Fire inspector and private inspector unable to determine exact cause of fire although location determined to be near firewall, center rear of engine compartment.  view
2002-06-20 Homewood, IL
We found the head of the bolt and the washer under the car when it was parked. the head of the bolt had cracked off right where it joins the shaft of bolt. my father bought a new bolt and replaced it. it seemed very unusual the way the bolt head had broken off. the entire face of the shaft and the head where the shaft was were rusted so it appears that this had been broken for some time. we have both pieces of the bolt if you need to have it and a parts display of the rear suspension with the bolt circled if you need them. if yo have questions contact my father at the same number or via e-mail at wsteiner@iso.com.  view
2002-06-20 Atlanta, GA
With only 38,000 miles on the car, the computer board controlling the srs system failed. given honda's spotty reputation with air bags failing to deploy, it seems to be a pattern whereby the mechanisms controlling the air bags are faulty. a circuit board should not be failing with only 38,000 miles on the car, especially a honda.  view
2002-08-12 Cary, NC
After 3 service visits, i still have a fueling problem with my 2001 ford expedition. i demonstrate the problem to a ford representative. as demonstrated, we started filling the fuel tank. after 9.4 gallons, the nozzle automatically clicked off, we continued to fuel the tank over the next 10 15 minutes, with near continuous clicking off of the nozzle. at about 15 gallons, the ford rep was uncomfortable with further fueling. i continued to 18.6 gallons, whereupon the fuel finally rose to the filler neck and even spilled over a bit. i have found this is the only way to completely fill the tank. the ford rep explained to me, very courteously, that once the nozzle clicks off a couple of times, the tank is considered full by ford measures. the problem with this is that by that measure, i am reducing my fuel capacity by about 9 gallons, and at highway mileage of 20 mpg, reducing my cruising range by 180 miles. it is unacceptable to tell me i have to refuel my expedition 180 miles shy of where i should be able to cruise and refuel. this is my fourth ford auto in 4 years. i have never had this problem before. i am requesting that ford remove the idiotically designed fuel tank in my expedition, and replace it with a regular idiot-proof fuel tank. fueling a car should not be rocket science.  view
2002-08-12 Kalamazoo, MI
Only 1 month after fixing the same problem, the system shorted out again, leaving the climate control system, the cruise control, garage door opener, and other items inoperative.  view
1995-06-07 Jackson, OH
Abs system has gone bad, brakes locked up while attempting to stop.  view
2002-08-12 Kalamazoo, MI
Only 1 month after fixing the same problem, the system shorted out again, leaving the climate control system, the cruise control, garage door opener, and other items inoperative.  view
2002-08-12 Paris, TN
Motorcycle overheats in slow traffic conditions caused by a design flaw. potential safety hazzard from coolant being expelled in front of the rear tire.  view
2002-08-12 East Hartford, CT
Fuel tank leaking should {not}.  view
2002-08-12 Blacklick, OH
Bought the mazda (i hate the car now) from a private owner who had maintained the car very well (had all the maintenance records) at 70,000 miles. the transmission broke down after 2 weeks. repair shop said they have to replace/rebuild the transmission. cost $2100.00. researched the internet and found mostly all mazda cars have this problem. nothing is being done. somebody should take serious action because it poses serious safety concerns because it could lead to accidents and deaths.  view
2002-08-12 Holt, MI
Tire sidewall blowout/separation at 45 mph, tire did not hit anything, separation.  view
2002-08-12 Streamwood, IL
New 2002 impreza wrx received cracked windshield by a small pebble while driving. the crack has spidered across my whole front windshield. subaru dealership doesn't cover this on its warranties.  view
2002-08-12 Jacksonville, FL
Limp home mode, diagnosed as a bad transmission solenoid pac, replaced ($440), still had mil light and same "limp home mode" problem. diagnosed by dealer ($90.00), sain broken internal transmission hub, suggested i pay for factory rebuilt transmission ($2500) since rebuiling it would cost almost as much due to all the updates for the transmission (tsb's), transmission model 42le/a606.  view
2002-06-20 Los Angeles, CA
I work for a goodyear co. and everytime there is a problem i have one of our techs. check it out for me. first it was the brakes i was taking my children to the movies,as i was turning into the parking space i heard a grinding noise.the next day at work i have auto tech. inspect my brakes i had less than 10% left all around and the front rotors were cracked! my children and i could have died! i took the car to the dealer to marina ford they replaced front rotors,pads and rear shoes. three weeks later pads were down to 10% i did not bother going back to the dealer. our tech. at my place of employment replaced my brakes with good quality pads and shoes. i had th iside panel replaced,the windshield wiper motor replaced and the right front wheel bearing replaced! now my left front tie-rod is bent,my car shuts off when the gas is at the 3/4 mark and when making right turns,the emission lights up and the car stops! this is a problem car the ford focus. i found a web site and ther is over a thousand consumers who are not pleased with their focus too!  view
I work for a goodyear co. and everytime there is a problem i have one of our techs. check it out for me. first it was the brakes i was taking my children to the movies,as i was turning into the parking space i heard a grinding noise.the next day at work i have auto tech. inspect my brakes i had less than 10% left all around and the front rotors were cracked! my children and i could have died! i took the car to the dealer to marina ford they replaced front rotors,pads and rear shoes. three weeks later pads were down to 10% i did not bother going back to the dealer. our tech. at my place of employment replaced my brakes with good quality pads and shoes. i had th iside panel replaced,the windshield wiper motor replaced and the right front wheel bearing replaced! now my left front tie-rod is bent,my car shuts off when the gas is at the 3/4 mark and when making right turns,the emission lights up and the car stops! this is a problem car the ford focus. i found a web site and ther is over a thousand consumers who are not pleased with their focus too!  view
1995-06-07 Rancho Mirag, CA
Emergency brake has gone out twice, will not set.  view
2002-08-12 Golden, CO
Windshield wipers will stop working during intermittent setting with out warning. sometimes the wipers will not turn off. sometimes the wipers will stop and the blades will be in the line of sight causing a major distraction.  view
2002-08-12 Trabuco Canyon, CA
The engine intermittently stalls during acceleration often in fast moving cross traffic causing our hearts to stop as we fear of getting hit broadside. the engine intermittently accelerates at high speeds causing the driver to brake. i had one incident.  view
2002-08-12 Harrogate, TN
No summary listed for above vehicle.  view
2002-06-20 Denver, PA
Got in car closed door started vechicle, put foot on brake had handsat 3-9 engaged from park to drive. took foot off brake went forward and turned steering wheel with hands right to 12-6 have not used gas pedal yet since in a parking lot. at this time i am thrown against drivers door very hard vech. has taken off at a great speed and i am now falling out of door partially. steering wheel is locked in 12-6 right hand steering position and i am driving in a large right hand circle i notice that my keys are no longer in ignition but laying on my concel dink holder i am pullin my self back in car using locked steering wheel got keys and wiggled them back into ignition car resumes normal control come to a stop hit on vehical in path of my arc. key can be taken out of ignition while care is running have an appt. on tues. the 18th of june with a ford dealership. they have told me that there is no recall of this type .  view
2002-06-20 Norfolk, VA
Pulled out of the driveway the morning of january 8, 2002 and into traffic. felt a hard jerk and heard a strange winding noise. the transmission would not shift out of first gear. took the van to the dealer and they said the transmission was shot from an internal failure and would need a new transmission. the dealer installed a new transmission at a cost of $2147.28 with a 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty.  view
2002-06-20 Milton, WA
Oil filter removal results in oil draining onto the exhaust system. lots of air pollution, smoke and smell upon start up. dealers have no remedy except to suggest use of lots of rags. nissan unresponsive. according to dealers, this is the only model so affected.  view
2002-06-20 Manalapan, NJ
The abs warning light came on while driving. the dealer advised that the abs hydraulic system had failed and that repairs would cost over $700. honda customer service refuses to take any responsibility for this defect, although it appears that this is a common problem in 1994 and 1995 accords. why hasn't nhtsa mandated a recall? the abs systems on these vehicles are clearly defective. honda is trying to avoid paying millions to repair their defective products. nhtsa has an obligation to assist the driving public and compel honda to repair their defective cars.  view
2002-06-20 Denver, PA
Got in car closed door started vechicle, put foot on brake had handsat 3-9 engaged from park to drive. took foot off brake went forward and turned steering wheel with hands right to 12-6 have not used gas pedal yet since in a parking lot. at this time i am thrown against drivers door very hard vech. has taken off at a great speed and i am now falling out of door partially. steering wheel is locked in 12-6 right hand steering position and i am driving in a large right hand circle i notice that my keys are no longer in ignition but laying on my concel dink holder i am pullin my self back in car using locked steering wheel got keys and wiggled them back into ignition car resumes normal control come to a stop hit on vehical in path of my arc. key can be taken out of ignition while care is running have an appt. on tues. the 18th of june with a ford dealership. they have told me that there is no recall of this type .  view
1995-06-07 Ocala, FL
Vehicles abs system front brakes in damp road conditions the front wheels lock-up prematurely.this the 2nd truck with problem.a bad vibration occurs prior.  view
2002-06-20 Natrona, PA
The plastic intake manifold has gotten a hole in it 2 times now. the first time was at 83000 miles and resulted in needing a new engine. the new engine had 16000 miles on it and after driving 19000 miles the same thing happened again causeing us to replace the manifold, head gaskets, bolts and starter. it has cost over 2000.00 for the same defective plastic peice. the garage said to get rid of the car because it is just going to keep happening and there is no way of telling ahead of time that it is going to happen. we just paid the car off and cant take on new payments so that is not possible. so someone needs to get gm to fix their defect so we don't have to keep going through this. we contacted the gm customer assistance center and they would not acknowledge a defect or problem. we called the dealership and they said they had received a bullitin on it and said what to check but would not help with the cost either. neither were any help at all. but they were sorry we were having difficulty what a big help.  view
2002-06-20 Ossining, NY
Car stalls while driving between 35-40 mph. upon decelaration. lose power steering ans power brakes. no warning.  view
2002-06-20 Ann Arbor, MI
Cigarette lighter does not work, hazard lights and blinkers work intermittently, gas cap is broken, windshield has 3 chips, radio volume knob works intermittently, steering has jerked when rounding corners, heater fan speeds 1 and 2 do not work at all, cruise doesn't work intermittently, rubber molding on door coming off, dealer says need all new brake pads and front rotors  view
2002-06-20 Ann Arbor, MI
Cigarette lighter does not work, hazard lights and blinkers work intermittently, gas cap is broken, windshield has 3 chips, radio volume knob works intermittently, steering has jerked when rounding corners, heater fan speeds 1 and 2 do not work at all, cruise doesn't work intermittently, rubber molding on door coming off, dealer says need all new brake pads and front rotors  view
2002-06-20 Ann Arbor, MI
2002-06-20 Ann Arbor, MI
2002-08-13 Aloha, OR
Oil control rings allowed oil into combustion chamber, damaging pre-cats in exhaust header. main catylitic converter then failed causing increased backpressure and inability to expel full exhaust charge which futher damaged compression/oil control rings which cause more oil to burn.  view
2001-08-13 Flagstaf, NM
While driving 50 mph transmission line blewout, dealer replaced transmission line. this happened again on 12 aug 2001.  view
2001-08-13 Rochester, NY
Original equipment on a 2001, taurus, p215/60r16 size. while driving at 70mph tread on front right separated from sidewall, causing minor damage to vehicle. firestone has been notified. firestone replaced this tire, however refused to replace the others.  view
2001-08-13 Canton, OH
Vehicle was going approximately 60mph when right front tire blewout. sidewall against tread came apart. vehicle started pulling to right for a quick second before the tire blewout. consumer has a 1998, ford, f150 with original tires, approximately 39,800 miles. tire size p235/70r16. dot # vnos1pt208.  view
1995-06-07 San Diego, CA
Vehicle has sudden engine racing/acceleration with no prior warning.mfr is aware of problem but is not addressing the issue.  view
2001-08-13 Reno, NV
Lever will shift from drive one to drive two. dealer is inspecting vehicle at owner's expense. please provide additional information.  view
2001-08-13 San Antonio, TX
Vehicle overheats when air conditioner is running. temperature gauge goes to hot. also, air conditioner will be cool when first starting the car. but, if vehicle slows down air will become warm. then, vehicle starts to spudder, and jerk foward. consumer took vehicleto a mechanic and had relays/ sensors, thermostat/ coolant fan , and radiator replaced more than once since 1999. please provide any further information.  view
2001-08-13 Levittown, PA
Two years ago windshield wipers would suddenly start working and would not stop, regardless of the position the switch was in. consumer had wiper motor replaced which corrected the problem. however, problem has reoccurred, and dealership has not examined vehicle. consumer stated that the wiper arm assembly was adjusted and now the wipers work properly.  view
2001-08-13 Levittown, PA
Two years ago windshield wipers would suddenly start working and would not stop, regardless of the position the switch was in. consumer had wiper motor replaced which corrected the problem. however, problem has reoccurred, and dealership has not examined vehicle. consumer stated that the wiper arm assembly was adjusted and now the wipers work properly.  view
2001-08-13 San Antonio, TX
Vehicle overheats when air conditioner is running. temperature gauge goes to hot. also, air conditioner will be cool when first starting the car. but, if vehicle slows down air will become warm. then, vehicle starts to spudder, and jerk foward. consumer took vehicleto a mechanic and had relays/ sensors, thermostat/ coolant fan , and radiator replaced more than once since 1999. please provide any further information.  view
2001-08-13 Los Angeles, CA
Vehicle has stalled 5 times, at any speed. dealer has replaced alternator 4 times/ starter, and battery once. cannot remedy. consumer is afraid to drive vehicle.  view
Vehicle has stalled 5 times, at any speed. dealer has replaced alternator 4 times/ starter, and battery once. cannot remedy. consumer is afraid to drive vehicle.  view
2002-07-01 Shelby Township, MI
Intake manifold had to be replaced due to cracking and leaking. contacted dealer.  view
comments/
Keywords:
AMERICAN MOTORS AMERICAN MOTORS Comments and Complaints,AMERICAN MOTORS AMERICAN MOTORS Comments and Complaints ID:10347 Safety Comments and Complaints AMERICAN MOTORS AMERICAN MOTORS, AMERICAN MOTORS AMERICAN MOTORS Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints

Page Description:
AMERICAN MOTORS AMERICAN MOTORS Comments and Complaints ID:10347 - Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints Information for AMERICAN MOTORS AMERICAN MOTORS

Quick Find

Home  |  Vehicle Recalls  |  Service Bulletins  |  All World B2B