1989 JEEP COMANCHE User Comment / Complaint

1989 JEEP COMANCHE User Comment / Complaint

HOME » J » JEEP » COMANCHE » 1989 » Sidewall » comment/complaint
2002-03-05 00:00:00 Watsonville, CA

I had a nearly new triumph r 1200 tire fail in an unusual manner. this tire had only about 800 miles on it when it failed, and i'm reasonably certain that the failure was not due to abuse (overload, pothole, curb scuffing, etc.). a large bubble formed in the sidewall of the tire. the bubble was approximately 4" diameter and 3/4" high. the bubble appeared to distort the bead, causing a large leak between the tire and the wheel. this occurred on the first really warm weather day following installation, leading me to suspect a possible manufacturing defect that needed some heat to manifest itself. this failure seemed unusual enough to warrant reporting, even if my theory is incorrect. please let me know if you need more information about this. i still have the tire if further failure analysis is of interest. thanks- william t. daley, p.e. mechanical engineer. (dot number: ? tiresize: p205/75r15)

Send us your comment

Email
change JEEP
Comment Requirements
Email
* Required - We will send a verification link to this email before your comment is posted.
Password
Optional - If you leave many comments and do not want to verify each one individually, put a password in this field. Your first comment will still need to be verified, but after it has you will be able to post comments immediately without having to wait for the verification email from our servers.
Optional - City & State if you live in the US or Canada, City & Country if you live anywhere else
Make / Model / Year
* Required
Image Form Verification
* Required
Password
change COMANCHE
Comment    Max Characters: 1000 -- Remaining: 1000
Security Image Enter letters from box to the left

comments/
Keywords:
JEEP COMANCHE Comments and Complaints,JEEP COMANCHE Comments and Complaints ID:8611 Safety Comments and Complaints JEEP COMANCHE, JEEP COMANCHE Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints, Comments and Complaints JEEP COMANCHE, JEEP COMANCHE Comments and Complaints, Vehicle Comments and Complaints JEEP COMANCHE, JEEP COMANCHE Comments and Complaints Vehicle

Page Description:
JEEP COMANCHE Comments and Complaints ID:8611 - Vehicle Safety Comments and Complaints Information for JEEP COMANCHE

Quick Find

Home  |  Vehicle Recalls  |  Service Bulletins  |  All World B2B